Packing tips.......

B

Bura Nut

I am going down to 36c early tomorrow morning for one last look. I am taking PW to carry me and my 100 pounds of bino's, water, snacks etc..... I would suggest to any new coues hunters that they find a big country boy like PW who is a little dull in the head, but real strong. They dont need much training to pack, and as long as you bring a few snacks etc... they can pack all day long. I have found this to be easier than taking care of horses or llamas without spending too much money. I would suggest looking on ASU's website or another college like ASU that has a weak ag program that graduates alot of people. They tend to have the best dim-witted packers.............

Scott:

Was that with a helmet ...? You guys have a good time tomorrow. Hope you find a decent buck or two ...

Tom

Allen, I hope you and Scott can find some real brutes. I was out yesterday and today. Saw a bunch of muleys. I hope the weather is better there than it has been here in unit 27. Driving home this afternoon I went through a hail storm that dropped a solid 2 inches of hailstones across the road. I dang near slid off the road once. We started out with clear skies this morning and then it started acting like some kind of cold fall monsoon weather, with big thunderstorms forming all around us. My buddy stayed up there he's still after a cow elk. You guys be careful.

Scott

We found 7 bucks, two of which were real shooters. Scott found a group of 6 bucks together we watched these bucks for about an hour. It was a real good morning. Allen Taylor......

We had a great time. Sitting there glassing up those bucks was quite a treat for me. I've never specifically glasses for coues. I've seen them while muley hunting, but this was indeed an eye opener for me.

The bigger buck we saw in teh bunch, was indeed a dandy buck. However being over 1/2 mile away, it was difficult to try to field judge him. Allen and I talked it over for awhile and came to the conclusion that he's probably bigger then we first gave him credit for. There were 2 other nice bucks and a few smaller ones. It was indeed a fun time thou! I now need to get my new Binos and strat exploring a whole new type of hunting!

P-DUB

i am willing to be a pack horse for any one as long as it a southern arizona coues deer hunt im a also a big strong dumb football player and will be willing to go along just for the experience and because i love deer hunting. i will also pak the deer out if need be. any takers? email me at [email protected]

Firstcoues, I'll call you Tupac. Just like the rapper with a little twist, Tupac Forsure. If I ever kill a toad in AZ, I'll call you to pack for sure. You can count on that. Allen, can you hunt this unit, will you go after the big deer you spotted? Also, for PW, I have found that those big dumb football players really fall hard for the dangling twinkie trick. Good luck to you guys. Drum

Allen, disregard the last question. I just saw the dates and realized that this was an old post. Drum

I'm on to that twinkie trick...he's done that but I never get the twinkie...Next time I'll make him give it to me, then I'll move!

Scott G...

Too bad he couldn't put anything on my back but Crazy...hehe

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom