Pack's with Spotter/Tripod Pockets

BowHuntr

Posted here, more traffic than the Gear forum.

Have an older Badlands Superday. It's been great, but I dislike the whole thing being one huge compartment. Looking for something that will house my angled Vortex Razor HD 85 and tripod a little better. Wanting a day/overnight pack, or something in the 1800-2200 cu range. I've heard that an angled Vortex Razor 85 does not fit well in the Badlands 2200 scope compartment.

What are you guys using that you like and would reccomend?

Thanks

BowHuntr

Depends on how much money you have to spend. The Kuiu 5000 has specific pockets on both sides of the pack for tripods and spotting scopes.

I can't say that I've used a lot of packs on the market, but with the ones I have my favorite for packing a tripod and spotter is the horn hunter full curl. Easy access to them and it's not a huge hassle to get them to fit.

I've been using an Eberlestock X2 for a couple years now. It's the ultimate camera, scouting, warm weather bivy and hunting day pack I've ever used.

It has two wing pockets that hold water bottle and more on one side and your scope on the other. Slide your tripod between one wing and the center main compartment. It also works incredibly well as a light weight meat hauler. I've hauled out 5 elk with it and it's performed admirably.

Probably the best $140 I've spent on any hunting equipment.

Cheer,
Pete

Thanks for the replies. I've been watching/reading reviews for the past couple of hours.

It's nice to get some insight from guys that have spent a good amount of time in the field with something.

People seem to really like the X2. Might have to go check one out.

The new Tenzing packs are sweet! I have the TZ6000, it's pockets are perfect for my angled 80mm Swaro, and my Bogen tri pod.

"Speak It Like It Is, Not Like It Ain't"

LAST EDITED ON Nov-19-12 AT 12:34PM (MST)[p]I made me a holder from a cardboard tube. The tube sticks out of my pack a few inches. I just slide in the scope and tripod already preassembled. I like it because I can just reach back with my long arms and pull it out without having to take off my pack. Being already attached to tripod, I can get on an animal pretty quick.
Not the best picture.
8414hunt_002.jpg

I also have an x2 I got this spring. So far I like it. My current spotting scopt is small so there was plenty of room. Looks like their should be room for razor spotter as that is spotter im looking at. Pack worked great packing my deer that was deboned this year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom