Pagan God of the Sun.

AspenAdventures

Very Active Member
I read this recently on another website. This guy has some good points....

"I am amazed and saddened by the smug certainty expressed by converts to the Global Warming faith. The climate is so complex that scientists do not even know all of the variables which effect it, let alone their values and how they interact. We have a very brief snapshot of even marginally accurate information, even now with satellite measurements there is debate on how to calculate an average temperature for the earth.

The claim is that over the last century the earths temperature has risen 7/10ths of a degree. Going back a few years, how many of the temperature measurements were accurate to more than one degree, let alone the 1/100th of a degree I would expect for extrapolating a change in tenths of a degree? Records of water temperatures from ships play an important part in these records. A change in a few inches, let alone feet in sample depth, can change the sample temperature by tens of degrees. Sailed ships measured water brought up in buckets from near the surface (note, how deep dose the bucket dip and how long between sampling and measurement?). Powered ships take their samples from the cooling water intake to the engines. The depth of this sample is dependent on ships draft, something which varies widely by ship type and loading. The water intake is always some distance below the surface in order to keep air out of the water pumps. Water temperatures can also vary widely with lateral changes in position.

Given the measurement uncertainties, I personally would not trust the data to provide an accurate measure of temperature capable of reliably discerning a change of less than ten degrees. Indirect measurements pose even greater uncertainties. I am sorry, but I place my faith in science, not the new religion of Global Warming. I certainly do not support economy wrecking policies without a lot better evidence than I have seen for man made climate change."

I like that phrase,"The new religion of global warming." I think it accurately portrays the feelings (not facts) towards the ideology. Many Global Warming proponants say they don't believe in God. Well now they do, the pagans now have the sun as their God since it now controls everything in their lives. All Hail to the Sun God!

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Come on T....this part here is pretty good....it has it's points...

"The claim is that over the last century the earths temperature has risen 7/10ths of a degree. Going back a few years, how many of the temperature measurements were accurate to more than one degree, let alone the 1/100th of a degree I would expect for extrapolating a change in tenths of a degree?"

Global Warmers use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post; for support rather than illumination.

The US Navy and Coast Guard Ships record temperature and salinity with a Bathythermograph, every four hours. this is basically a heavy temperature probe on miles of copper wire dropped out of a launcher off the back of the ships used to calculate sound velocity. This gives you a accurate picture of the temperature gradient or thermo cline that Submarines hide under. The ocean temperature varies radically in the top two hundred feet, effected by river run off (temp and salinity), even rain, as well as underwater current changes, in the inversion layer. The only place these temps are constant are very deep. So any time someone tells you that our oceans are increasing in temp by X amount of degrees without substantiation, you should question it.

There are only two types of people - The Hunters and the hunted,
I hunt.
Alchase

Now they're saying that we can expect to see the polar bear to see extinction with in the next 50 years wow! And other animals also

Come on, we all know global warming is caused by the reduction in pirates, the statistics prove it!

piratesarecool.jpg

-DallanC

>Now they're saying that we can
>expect to see the polar
>bear to see extinction with
>in the next 50 years
>wow! And other animals also

Why would polar bears go extinct? They seem to be living just find out here in the Utah desert heat ... just make a trip to the zoo if you dont believe me :)

-DallanC

I don't know about this global warming thing but why don't you self appointed experts make a record of your remarks on the subject. if you're right you can prove how smart you were,if you're wrong they can use it is class rooms someday to show how ignorant people were when global warming first became an issue.

dude, how about you take off your tinfoil hat and worship the pagan god of the sun?

dude, seriously, these fine gentlemen have some valid points, as does my article, and all you come back with is....

"if you're right you can prove how smart you were,if you're wrong they can use it is class rooms someday to show how ignorant people were when global warming first became an issue."

Oh how enlightening you are, I now see what I could not. You are my little ray of sunshine and hope in this world. Your comments provide such clarity on the matter at hand. Thank you.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-06-07 AT 06:22PM (MST)[p]> I don't know about this
>global warming thing but why
>don't you self appointed experts
>make a record of your
>remarks on the subject. if
>you're right you can prove
>how smart you were,if you're
>wrong they can use it
>is class rooms someday to
>show how ignorant people were
>when global warming first became
>an issue.

I issue you a similar challenge: I believe in God. If I'm wrong, I've lost nothing when my life is over. If I'm right, I've gained everything.

Moneyman I believe in some kind of great spirit, I'm not sure excactly what but it's nothing that could be found in the Bible or Koran. the way I see it this way I'm not wasting time in church because I know I'm alive now and the afterlife is a long shot, so yes I do have something to lose. if there is a god and I live my life as a good compasionate person I'd think that would get me more points than thumping on a bible. if it doesn't work that way I don't like your god anyway, and he probably wouldn't like me.

No one wants to post facts that disporve what has been brought up here?

Come on....just one little reason that the variables given above don't affect oceanic temperature readings.

I just did in the very first post.....now I have been waiting for you to counter it with why I should not believe the article I read but instead you just attack me and go off on tangents. Now, please attempt to tell us why the original post is not correct.

By the way, the guy with the Pirate graph above, I saw that same graph on a scientists web site. It is hilarious. When you understand how many variables exist in the atmosphere and that it is impossible to have a controlled experiment it seems that the graph may actually be more true than the data that Gore had in his movie.

I didn't say it wasn't true, or that it was. see that's the thing about an issue that hasn't been decided by even the experts yet, if it was easy to prove do you think the scientist wouldn't just do it? it may take years to prove who's right and I don't claim to know, somehow I doubt it will be an expert like you who cracks the case though.

>
>
> Moneyman I believe in some
>kind of great spirit, I'm
>not sure excactly what but
>it's nothing that could be
>found in the Bible or
>Koran. the way I see
>it this way I'm not
>wasting time in church because
>I know I'm alive now
>and the afterlife is a