Pahvant or Beaver late?

doeseedoe

Which do you think is the better hunt and why do you think that.
I am desperately looking for a hunt that has the possibility of producing a decent bull.
Also where do I begin to scout if I do get drawn.

Thanks for your help
Sam

Pahvant is a better area to hunt the late in my opinion, but if you think your going to march on down with a guide or a whole crew of buddys and find a bunch of 400" bulls your wrong. The big bulls live on the Pahvant but it is a really tough hunt on the late if your looking for something real huge, you will definatly find your share of bulls with alittle work but the big bulls are very smart and hard to get on. The best advise I could give you is if you know a particular unit, you may want to stick to it, its dang hard to try a crash course on learning a late season unit because most all of your summer and fall scouting is worthless, you may not believe me but the some of the biggest bulls on the pahvant travel a long way to rut and then travel to different areas to winter. This is just my opinion ofcourse.
GOOD LUCK IN THE DRAW!

1highpeak

First I have been hunting long enough to know a 400 bull is only a pipe dream. But we all need to dream. In reality I would be very happy with a 350 bull.
I am thinking the same thing about the scouting. Sept to Nov is like two different years. I have never hunted Utah so I would do some scouting just to get to know the area. Would never go into it blind.
If I do get drawn would just like some advice from those who have hunted the late hunt.

Thanks for your imput.
Sam

Well all there is now is to draw the tag! If you draw post it up and I might be able to point you in the right direction, save you some time locating. By the way a 350" bull can be done on the late on Pahvant.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom