Paper license question

NMboltripper

Guys,

Did a search and didn't find what I was looking for...

When you harvest your game do attach your paper license that you printed out yourself to your animal? Back in the day, we would tap/tie our license to an antler or similar.

Just not real clear on this...

Any guidance from y'all would be awesome!

Thanks in advance.

-Mike

I got stopped this year with my elk. The warden said i did the right thing by having the license on myself instead of the animal.

Here you go

All Harvests (Kills) Must be Recorded on License
1. Immediately after killing any big game or turkey, the species must be recorded (properly blacked
out or punched) in the space designated on the license.
2. Date and time of the kill(s) must be recorded on the license immediately upon arrival at a
vehicle, camp or place of storage.
3. Any kill left unattended in the field, in a vehicle or in camp must be accompanied with a
properly recorded license (see above, 1., 2.) or with specific, permanently written licensee
information, including the hunters full name, license number and date of the kill. It is
unlawful to possess any big-game species or turkey in the field, place of storage or residence
without a properly recorded license (see above, 1., 2.) or without the required written
licensee information.
4. Bear, cougar and bobcats also must be tagged with a pelt tag (see pages 113, 115) and must be
accompanied by a properly recorded license (see above, 1., 2.).

OK....the warden says keep it on your person, but page 34 of the hunting proclamation, says that any time you leave your harvest, the license "information" needs to be attached to your harvest.

It almost makes sense to make 2 copies....one for the wallet and one for your harvest.

--thanks for the input guys!!

You can carry as many copies of your tag as you like, so I carry two because, the way I understand the law, the portion you leave in the field needs to be tagged, and the portion you leave at your vehicle needs to be tagged. I confirmed this with a warden last year prior to my Oryx hunt, and he said as long as you punch out the appropriate circle on both copies when you have harvested your animal you are allowed to carry as many tags as you like, and this is why I carry two. You could also carry a third one on your person for the transport of the quarters to your vehicle as well if you like as long as all of them are appropriately punched.

>You can carry as many copies
>of your tag as you
>like, so I carry two
>because, the way I understand
>the law, the portion you
>leave in the field needs
>to be tagged, and the
>portion you leave at your
>vehicle needs to be tagged.
>I confirmed this with a
>warden last year prior to
>my Oryx hunt, and he
>said as long as you
>punch out the appropriate circle
>on both copies when you
>have harvested your animal you
>are allowed to carry as
>many tags as you like,
>and this is why I
>carry two. You could also
>carry a third one on
>your person for the transport
>of the quarters to your
>vehicle as well if you
>like as long as all
>of them are appropriately punched.
>

Thanks Muley505!! You nailed it!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom