Parker Plateau Antelope

Huntnman

I drew the LE antelope rifle hunt in the Parker plateau unit for 2018. I have been down scouting once and was very disappointed in what I saw ! Had this tag in 05 and it was great. I'd be burning 7 points on this hunt. Any information would be great thanks.

7 points is a lot to burn on Parker anymore. It's been hammered and isn't the same as it was in 05. Don?t overlook the fringes of the unit.

I would without question turn the tag back in and focus on drawing a tag that is worth 7 points. The Parker pronghorn herd is a travesty.

I had 5 points so me and my 12yr old decided to archery hunt it.

Headed down Tommorow for few days. Ill try to remember but look me up next week and ill be glad to share if I learn anything, other than archery antelope is tough(spot and stalk)

From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

Those are incredibly wary, very spooky antelope. They have been herded by helicopters so much that the sound of an engine causes them to change zip codes. A very tough hunt.
Bill

Probably the most skittish antelope in the state. Had the archery tag 5 years ago. Drew again this year. Hopefully, I can tag out again, but I'm seeing far less antelope there than I did in the past. I drew with no points, so not super worried about it. Should be fun regardless. Can't say I'd waste 7 points on it though. Good luck!

www.utahscoutingservices.com

Just got back. Had 5 points I split with my 12yr old.

I would turn in the tag. We were just doing it for something to do, and even at that we bailed early to go hunt deer.

I wasn't expecting a special, and it performed to my expectations.

From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom