Past Couple of years hunting down under

J

JPHunting

Hi guys,
I'm Australian and DIY hunt here on public and private. Also do some DIY public land hunting in NZ.

Here is the last couple of years between my brother and I.

Enjoy,

Jack

This is my 2013 red stag, maybe not as big as the farm reared NZ heads but for a wild deer he's something special. Top 10 in Australia with the broken tine, if only he hadnt of snapped it!
8820img_1823.jpg

4340img_2149.jpg

2014 DIY Tahr
7290img_2079.jpg

4126img_2081.jpg

7086img_2080.jpg

Chital
4860img_2163.jpg

Fallow
1804img_2148.jpg

9670img_2161.jpg

9140img_2168.jpg

Brothers 2014 7x8 Red
2887img_1995.jpg

NZ Sika
4106img_2152.jpg

nice, thanks for sharing! Cool to see some animals we don't have here..

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Thanks for sharing your hunt photos. You have every right to be proud of those trophy animals. One problem, after posting those great photos, you may have convinced some American hunters to join you on those down under hunts. The secrete is out now on DIY hunting in your neck of the woods.

RELH

Those are some cool looking animals! You definitely know how to get it done, and you have me thinking I might have to make a trip down under someday in the future!!

To the contrary, I think I break the mould for typical hunters. I believe just as I should be able to hunt all over the world so should people be able to do it here. I've got no problems with people hunting down my way, in fact I think it's great (providing you aren't poking into my best private blocks ;) ). Though I could be persuaded to host people down here in exchange for something similar up your way!

We run a little different system to you guys. rather than segregating residency state to state our govt looks at it as though regardless of what state we live in we're all Australian citizens and deserve an equal right to hunt regardless of where we call home. So any Australian resident can get a resident license in my state. My state does offer a 14-day non-resident license, which is strictly for internationals, for deer I believe its $50 roughly and that covers all species of deer. For a game bird license (duck,quail) its about the same or for a big game/game bird combo I think its around $80.

The catch is that you have to hunt under the supervision of a resident licensed to that game license if that makes sense. NZ is a different system where a resident isn't required.

People often go on about the red deer roar and I definitely love it, but the fallow rut is the best fun, they "grunt" or "croak" as we call it, are a lot more vocal than red deer and can be called in much easier. Plus the numbers are good. Red deer are good but the population is very small and most of their range is NP which cant be hunted. Sambar is what my state is big on. They're brutes, that can get up to 1000lb though most stags peak at 650lb ish. There are lots of them in the high country and they make up about 95% of the states deer harvest each year.

It's a great place though, and if you get on to someone from a farm like myself, kangaroo culling under permit can be pretty good fun too. A really big buck roo can get to 6ft.

I'd recommend visiting one day, its a great country, just be warned we love to drink beer!

Jack

Very cool! Those are some great trophies. Australia and NZ are definitely on my bucket list.

Wait a minute...u have all those critters AND there's beer? Pardon me while I call my travel agent! Thanx fer the great pics!

JPHunting,
G'day from the states. That red stag is awesome! Looks like you have done very well on multiple species the last couple of years. If you are ever planning to be in the states any time Sept through Dec (our fall/winter), post on here or even feel free to send me a private message. I'm sure I or somebody else could fix you up with some fun hunting for new species.

NRA Life Member

Lefties are the only ones in their right minds--and I ain't talkin' politics!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom