Pathfinder Ranch

B

Big_DD

I have been trying to find out some info on this ranch but have been pretty unsuccesful. Maybe someone can give me some help.

I heard that a few years ago they were allowing antelope hunting for $100 per day, does anyone know if this is still true? In some of my research I think I read an article where the ownership changed recently and this may have affected the hunting.

The Pathfinder Ranch is located between Rawlins and Casper, just north of Muddy Gap.

( I guess anyone who knows about the ranch to reply in this thread knows where it is :) ).

Any help is appreciated.

I don't know if that is the old Buzzard Ranch with a new owner or not. They spent a crap load of money on signs along 220. I'd give you the number for the Buzzard but I lost it years ago. Have you tried the Carbon County Chamber of Commerce ? So far that would be the way I'd go at it were I you. I know a rancher in the area but they really don't know those folks. Just said the Buzzard sold a few years back to someone outside the US. You might also contact the BLM outside Rawlins for some guidance .

Pat C.

The Pathfinder Ranch did change hands. Don't know if Haney Stevenson is still the ranch manager, but he's the guy out there you'd want to talk to...

PATHFINDER RANCH is owned by a couple from TX, a Al & joyce Houston. 210-380-8850 or [email protected]
Brian

v8mr7b.jpg

Thanks, and I'm sure that is from several of us on here ! Hey are those your campaign ribbons ? If so THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE !

Pat C.

Hey Gizzard,
You got to be a transplant Jamaican to think that. LOL

Unit 48 I believe is where the Pathfinder Ranch is located, seen the Res. last year on the way to Casper

Brian
2yy7c76.jpg

Alcova to around Independence Rocks is basically where the Pathfinder lays. Nice set of ribbons Kilowatt. I need to look a few of those up !

Pat C.

good conduct, national defense, vietnam, and is the green and white the Army Commendation ?

Pat C.

Kilo - heartfelt thanks for your service.

Pathfinder is on Antelope unit 63. Haney Stevens is still managing the place. It was bought up by Pacificorp in hopes of putting a huge wind farm on it...

Well there is enough wind in that area for sure. NOT sure how I feel about the farm though. Stevens seems like the name I remember from a long time ago?

Pat C.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-10 AT 05:44PM (MST)[p]Anyone have any idea on what they charge for trespass fee or do they not allow that sort of thing??

I heard the same about a lot of the bigger ranches selling out to the wind farm companies. It's a shame cuz a lot of hunting ground is removed when that is done. The ranch we've been hunting for over 9 years now was prospected but they told them they wouldn't sell. If you sell, where do they go? It's a lifestyle for them....it's how they love to live. Gotta give those cowboys credit. They work their arses off.

Thanks for your service, Kilo. We all owe you guys a lot!

Steve

"Anyone have any idea on what they charge for trespass fee or do they not allow that sort of thing??"

I have contact names and numbers for those that draw this area. One ranch, not the Pathfinder, charged us $10. each. That was the only one that charged anything. There really is plenty of excellent Public ground in that area...63

Also, if you care to draw for 68 lopes which is just West of 63, some believe a better hunt for larger lopes, i have a contact number for one of it's largest landowners as well.

Good luck!! Joey

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom