Pauns bucks

Here's one from the 4th of July weekend ...
2588100_3408a.jpg

We were mainly scouting antelope on the north end .. But one
morning we went checking deer .. Kinda disappointing morning,
Drove all the way down the top , Was at the head of the east
fork creek , EARLY , usually a good spot to see bucks,
And found nothing ! I know it does change day to day there,
Not one other single vehicle in either, saw plenty elk ..
No deer though....

I'm heading back down in a few days, will be there a week + ..
Plan on looking again in between chasing antelope ..

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Awesome ,
3931100_3365a.jpg

2728100_3417a.jpg

9020100_3346a.jpg

All the does seem to have a very high number of fawns
traveling with them too,,,,,,,,It's look'in Waaay good!

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Thanks goofyelk--- tryin to learn more about the growth this year so I dont set my standards too high after waiting so long to draw. Heard the growth was down this year but know some MM ers must be lookint. Nice pic. thanks

I live down here in kanab and looking at what i have seen this year its gonna be poor my dad has a tag and it sucks cause he has waited so long so i guess we will see what happens in the upcoming months. im going to go set cameras tomorrow hopefully be able to catch some moving around. appleman where you from?

www.hightopoutfitters.com

Big 6-Im in California---Ive kinda heard what you say but dont think I will turn tag back---hunt and hope! Would love to hear how ur cams go. Thanks

Ya i dont know if we will turn it back in but who knows, i guess he will have to make that decision. i was able to get one camera set tonight on a funnel point so hopefully i will have some pics soon. have you been out on the unit and are you going guided or diy?

www.hightopoutfitters.com

Have not been out on the unit yet cause I feel the deer will probably mostly move by the rifle season. Just very curious how the growth looks? Thanks---deciding how to approach the hunt now.

Hunted antelope down there two years ago and had a blast! Didn't see a ton of big bucks, but it's still one of my favorite hunts of all time. Wish it didn't take so long to get a tag.

appleman,I also drew the tag two years ago,and im from ca. also.I hired some help and glad I did,since I did not have time to scout.your gonna have A good time,and see lots of deer.Let us know how it went,when you get back.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-21-12 AT 02:59PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-21-12 AT 02:59?PM (MST)

mnelly,

Just curious.....with 17 points going into the 2013 draw, I should finally get my rifle tag. Are you willing to share the guide you hired for your hunt? Being a non-resident, getting sufficient time to scout will be difficult in order to DIY.

THANKS!

deer8hunter,you draw your tag,and I will talk to him, and set you up,money well spent,and A great guy.Hard working,and knows the area.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom