Pauns Muzzleloader

G

G3

Just wondering if the new dates intrests people or if it will make a lot of guys go for the rifle hunt?

People will stick with the rifle for the most part, but moving up the Muzz may make it a harder hunt. I bow hunt for the most part, but I think it will take at least one or two seasons to see it the change was a good one and what people think.

I think the Muzz will be a good hunt. The bucks will be grouped up and mostly on the North end. I bet some giant bucks go down in 2010. imo

A few years ago, I was on top on oct.1 when the first snow of the year hit. Watched a couple of "gaps" on top the pink's,,,
It was UNREAL! Could have poked a couple different toads with a smoke pole. But, on the other hand, I've enjoyed the late muzzy hunt quite a few times down there over the years..
I kinda hate to see it go.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

The bow hunt has been good on the Pauns, even through the lean years. The new dates on the muzz hunt could be just as good on most years. Ive always figured later the better for a tag on the pauns but the last few years the late hunt was moved earlier and shortened. Not much of a rut involved the last couple of muzz hunts. If people give it much thought they might opt for the muzz over the rifle.

I apply for elk but have a brother with 12 points and am doing all I can to encourage him to go after this hunt, I personally think it might end up being the best on this unit. I guess only time will tell.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom