Pauns'y / Dutton bow antelope- Here we come!

goofyelk

Very Active Member
Pretty freak'in excited to say the least!!
My 14 year old boy drew! dual app'ed him with my wife ..
Only 8 resident tags on the unit ,, and we've got 2 of them ..

The boy has watched me shoot 2 antelope with my bow ,,
The wife has killed lopes with her rifle, really excited to go
try archery .. If successful, it will be her first bow harvest..

I've got bow targets set up around my house,, there both shooting
every day. I'm setting up a 3D lope target and a blind they can
practice out of for the next two months ....

I've spent enough time down there, seen enough lopes ,
and know of some excellent water holes to set up on ..
Were PUMPED! ... + just love that pink rock country !!

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Congrats on the tags. Not a great trophy unit but I don't think there is another unit in the west that is as fun to bowhunt. This is the unit my wife and I shot our first lope's on.
Good luck,
alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

Went down and took a few pictures this week .
I just loe how some of these lopes hang in the trees!
4910100_3417a.jpg

And ya, not a lot of big ones, but these will work for my wife
and son just fine...
2248100_3344a.jpg

5625100_3372a.jpg

1652100_3351b.jpg

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jul-08-12 AT 09:42AM (MST)[p]Boy them pictures bring back memories of a hunt there two years ago with my hunting partner. That was one of the funnest hunts I remember and I did not even have a tag. Two of the photos I can pretty much pin point the area from our hunt and the one in the trees bring back memories.

One of the best goats we found prior to the hunt was in the Pondarosa's several miles and we found numerous antelope back in the trees. Kind of mind blowing to see them in the trees like that after hunting them for 20 years else where. Seen lots of goats, several great buck deer, one dandy management buck deer and several nice trophey bull elk. Pretty much seen it all with some awesome country to boot. Our camp was in some pondarosa's and we had an awesome crystal clear creek right behind us to wash up in and a campground a couple miles up the road for fresh drinking water. Picture perfect camp and hunt. What a blast.

Wish it did not take so many points to draw, because it is a great fun hunt. Enjoy and best of luck to your son and wife. Keep us informed of their success.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-08-12 AT 10:53AM (MST)[p]goofy, my brother also drew that tag. I have an elk tag there this year too. Good luck too your wife and son, let me know if you find any elk on the pauns side. If you have any trouble filling those tags I know a killer water hole on the Dutton side. I know you will find plenty of antelope but I would be more than willing to share any info. Thanx for the pics!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom