Pay to Play

Longshot81

Today i was thinking why don't the mountain bikers have to pay. They ride the same roads and trails we (4 wheelers-dirt bikes and side by sides)do and some of there own. Yet they don't have to buy the yearly registration we do, its time for them to pay up. It would also help with some of the government budget short fall. How many people would be willing to put a signature on something to get this started?.

your burning fossel fuel in your ATV, it pollutes and has many hidden costs to society. Bicycles , hiking boots, cross country skis ect. are muscle powered, and should not be subject to a user tax.

I don't agree with them paying for riding in the wilderness or anything like that but they should be required to register them stupid ass bikes if they ride on the streets and take up a lane.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

This is not about the kind of fule you use (91oct,diesel,bran muffin,or hummus)it is the impact on the land. Bikes are not permitted in wilderness,just talking about BLM and Forest service. Your idea about the street riders is a good point.

I'm an avid bike rider, both road and mtb. I'd be willing to pay a registration fee with one proviso. That is that most of the fees would go towards maintaining trails and bike paths. I also ATV and pay my fees in Colorado. Those fees were supposed to go towards building trails, advocacy, etc. That changed recently when the politicos gained access to some of the funds for 'other' purposes and that's not right.

Bad idea! Any tax gets miss used by the government at some point. Stop the spending on illegals and welfare and we could cut our taxes. BH1

LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-11 AT 03:15PM (MST)[p]I've been thinking about this one all morning since my first post. I think it's a bad idea, here's why. As soon as we start to target groups for extra taxes where will it stop? How about a fee permit to hike on USFS and BLM land? They use is too, right? Or maybe you'd like to see a fee permit to camp, or maybe to cut down on the bureaucracy we should have one larger tax that costs all users of public land, say $150 per year.

NOT, it's a bad idea.

Longshot81, good correction, I did not mean "wilderness" areas, I was simply referring to the woods.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

here in California they have a permit(adventure pass) for parking in the forest that you have to buy to park on the sides of the road or in a parking area if you get caught without one you pay a fine just like you do for a parking ticket in the big city and it cost like 60 bucks a year for this adventure pass.

IT'S A BAD IDEA PERIOD.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-11 AT 08:04PM (MST)[p]Gator- i've never bought an Adventure Pass in the 10-12 years or so that it has been required. I have never received a ticket....but upon return to my truck up on Cuesta Ridge after a morning hunt, I found a business card on my windshield from a F and G warden. I never called him to find out why he left the card. In my opinion, most hate taxes and having to pay for things we shouldn't have to......as well as those that are supposed to enforce those things.

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-11 AT 08:37PM (MST)[p]I haven't brought one yet either, Where I park and hunt they never go down that sorry piece of crap road. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom