Pearrygin Lake

B

boneaddict

For all of you Washington permit wannabees, and fellow Valley hunters, she's burnin' up. As most of you know, thats dry country up there. More winter range bites the dust. It looks like they are throwing most of the states resources at a fire next door over in the Omak country, where there are more homes threatened.

I was over there this weekend and saw the smoke Sunday afternoon. I drove up as close as I could get to see exactly where it was at. I was able to get up to the second State Park entrance where they had the road blocked off. At that point it wasn't too bad yet. It mainly had burned some of the grassy areas and was heading up the hillside to the left of the rifle range area. I left Sunday afternoon so I am not sure how much it ended up burning. I have heard reports of about 400 acres or more. Last night on the news they said it was still burning but was contained.

While the short term affects of these fires are not good the long term affects are usually positive. If we get some showers in there it will green right up, particularly if it is burning mostly grass areas. I just hope that it doesn't blow up and get huge, and threaten homes and lives.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-05 AT 01:17PM (MST)[p]Actually it is pretty green over there right now. I believe usually this time of the year it is a lot drier. They received a couple pretty good rains in June. The fire danger shown on all of the Forest Service signs in the are was 1 or low so it is only going to get worse from here on out.
The snowpack this time last year was around 21% for the area and this year it is 3%. And they said last year was lower than normal.
The grassy area where the fire was at did have a few homes around it. It looked like it missed them.

Thanks for the update. You are right about it being greener than usual. They did get some good rains. Think of all that antler growth. I can see the permit now SUCCESSFULL: Pearrygin
The days are coutning down.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom