Pedestal mount help please!!

Y

Yoyak

I need some ideas on what type of pedestal base to get for my mount.
Here is the buck.

DSCF2283.jpg

Because of space in my house I'm going with a left turn like in the picture but probably not that hard of a turn. I want the eyes on the buck to be about 5 to 5.5 ft up making the mount a little over 7 feet tall. So I think the pedestal base needs to be around 38 to 45" tall. With the form being a semi sneak I was thinking the height would be around 24" from the bottom of the chest to the top of the head but I'm not sure.

I don't really want a manufactured base. I was thinking about something like what Wade Hanks does or a lodgepole base, or I have plenty of deer and elk sheds that I could make a base out of either. If anyone has any ideas or better yet pictures of something cool they have seen or done I would really appreciate it.
Thanks, Jason

I liked the idea of the elk sheds I used on mine, but have intentions of putting another mount on it also. If thats something your wanting then plan for it, if not it might look funny standing alone. I would try and find a dried out cedar piece like a stump. My local taxi has one that hes been offered a few thousand for, but he is keeping that for a buck like yours. google taxidermy, theres a good site with forums that may have some ideas for what you want done.

Yoyak
You will have a lot of options if you go with one of Wades stumps. I had this one done a few years ago and it is my favorite mount. I want to give the appearance that he was walking around the log, rather than sitting on it. Good luck with your mount. That is an awesome buck.

Yelum

9486sized639.jpg

That is fantastic Yelum. I left a message with Wades but I haven't heard back from him. If you don't mind me asking what does a base similiar to yours cost? I agree with you that it looks cooler when it appears that the buck is coming around something versus perched on top of a stump. I was kinda hoping to find a stump that forks around 36-45" so I can perch the buck at that fork and have the rest of the stump come up above his shoudler a ways. If that makes sense.

Thanks for the help and sharing your picture

Jason

Ya, I do. IF you get a stump like the one in the last two pics on this forum page left side, with two bucks on it, that would work. I bought two stumps from Wade so he gave me a deal of $350 a piece. That one I used would have been about $400. The prices vary per size.

Yelum

just got a pedestal mount for my elk done about 15 days ago. from Wade I only have 8 foot ceilings and the pedestal looks great I paid 390.00 for it. But this is the size for an Elk if you want photos then I can give them to you, It is worth Wade getting your pedestal for you, he had about 40 pedestals to pick from good luck!

archeryguru

There are good pedestal's and bad one's. Some of the taxi's on hear need to learn about design and composition!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom