peep sight problems

xhaka

I am new to compounds and have run into an issue that I can't seem to figure out. I have been shooing the bow instinctive with great accuracy from 20-40 yards with no peep and no sight (I normally shoot trad)

I just got my sight yesterday, put it on and still some pretty confident shooting.

Just got the peep sight installed today and disaster...all my shots are low, way low about 1 foot.

Was the peep installed too high, too low? - also it is twisting on me after ever shot, I thought I tied it tight enough but I am unsure.

any thoughts?

>Sounds like you got your new
>peep low. Raise it
>up until it is hitting
>back where it was before.
>

Thanks for the response. i will do just that. I actually tried to draw my bow back and anchor my eyes closed to see if i can find my peep.

>Was the peep installed too high,
>too low? - also it
>is twisting on me after
>ever shot, I thought I
>tied it tight enough but
>I am unsure.

I had an issue with my peep sight twisting as well, but it was a result of my new strings settling in after a few months. I don't have a bow press so I took it to a shop and they put a couple of twists on the string and my peep has been good to go since.

Good thing I had them do it too because as the string settled, the draw weight dropped to 68lbs. Those twists brought it back up to 70lbs and my bow stayed in tune.

This may not be your issue but figured I'd mention it. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom