peep sight

ADM

just got my first bow for christmas, so still very new to archery. I was shooting it this weekend and when i drew it back the peep sight was turning to the side. What causes this and what can i do to fix it? I did not install it, the archery shop where i purchased the bow installed everything for me. When i shot the bow at the archery shop it did not do this.

Take it back and let them turn/twist your string back. Your string is twisting. I'm going to geuss it is a new string and a new bow? It happens. You just need to brake it in thats all. You can also turn your D loop to correct the twist in your string (if it's not off by much).

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

You could do this, but I always found it to be a pain in the @$$ to always make sure my string was pre-loaded (turning the d-loop) the right way, so another option is to have them install the rubber tube and the little post that goes above the peep and the rubber tubing is attached to it and tied off to the buss cables. It keeps the peep from turning, however it gives you another thing to keep an eye on and it does rob you of a couple of feet per second and it will increase the noise on your bow. So choice is yours to make, but I have always had these on my bows.
WVBOWAK

ADM Elko is right. The strings just need to break in. Have the shop adjust the peep for you after about 200 shots on the strings. I like to tie my peep in but thats a personal preference. Good luck and have fun!

It is normal, after a bow is shot a few hundred times for the string to break in and a little shifting to occur. Take it back, have them re-tune your bow or add a twist to the string. Also, I have found that keeping my string waxed helps a little with everything staying the same...

Once the string is broke in, the peep should stay where it should be and not do that annoying twist...

I always go with an elastic version until the string is broken in. I then go back in and put on the other kind.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom