Peep Sight

NoDoe

Does anyone know where I could buy a rear peep sight for a Markesbery muzzleloader?The factory can't seem to be any help.They say the one they sell is back ordered.The rifle takes a #43 weaver style scope base. Thanks Don

LAST EDITED ON Jul-03-06 AT 04:39PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-03-06 AT 04:38?PM (MST)

I don't know about your particular rifle- but if you are using the Weaver base anyway, NECG makes a sight that fits the base. You may have to do some experimenting with front sight height to get the right combination.
I like the sight as I can keep my bases on for switching back to a scope for load testing and hunting(where legal).
www.newenglandcustomgun.com

Dean

Thanks alot Dean. That's a great idea and I will never have to look for my bases again when I need them. Don

Mt Goat, for $85 that thing oughta be good! Wheeew! I saw a Williams for around $40. Read a bunch of threads about the Williams sight in the past. Good luck.

'It's all about the gut pile'

I know the price is a little high. Nothing wrong with the Williams sight except you have to take your bases off every time you want to put on the peep. I like to leave the scope bases on with loctite on the screws. I hunt Colorado and Michigan every year so it's easier for me not to keep pulling the bases. I prefer using the scope for testing loads to be sure of their performance.
Besides- with $1000 in gun/misc and a $453 elk tag- the $40 extra for the removeable peep sight doesn't sound too bad, a little over a half tank of gas...

Dean

Mine got here a few days ago and I think it is great.Much beter quality than my williams sights.If you want to play you have to pay.Thanks again Dean,DON

Good deal Don, hope it works for you. There is some limit to overall adjustment depending on the height of your bases. I changed my front sight (couple bucks) to get the perfect combination.
I hope to have mine out this weekend testing some new Platinum Powerbelts.
Dean

LAST EDITED ON Jul-17-06 AT 10:34AM (MST)[p]Goat, that is a good point about the load varification. I've wanted to do that myself for a while now. Just haven't tried it out. I would really like to know just how good my rifle can shoot. Up till now, it shoots better than I do. Maybe down the road a ways...

'It's all about the gut pile'

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom