Pentax Binoculars

Tuffbucker

Very Active Member
I am looking at many of the different models of the pentax binoculars. Does anyone out here own any of the Pentax?? If so, what model and what is your opinion of their quality, etc.

Also, does anyone know any good sites where you can get good prices on Optics.

Also, Im poor, so I can only afford up to about $400.00, so if anyone can make any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Oh yeah, I need them SOON!!

Thanks.

TUFF

Tuffbucker;

I bought a Pentax 10X40 PCF V last year to use on a elk hunt in WY. I got them for less then 150 bucks, can't remember the full price or what catalog I got them from. I have been very satisfied with them and plan to use them for many years to come.

RELH

Check out the eagle optics platinum rangers. I have a pair that is one generation older that I bought after owning a pair of Pentax. I think they are about the same. Also check out the warantee that eagle optics gives you. www.eagleoptics.com

I have a pair of Pentax DCF-WP. I like them. Only complaint is that it would be nice to be slightly less weight. I think the newer models may be smaller.

Important thing is to get a pair with PHASE CORRECTED lenses. My brother has the same pair, without the correction, and mine beats his hands down.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I have a Pentax DCF-WP 8x42 and they work great. I was in your boat - had about $400 to spend max on Bino's and I looked at everything on the market 4 years ago and decided on them. Mine work great for people with glasses as they have an adapter built in specifically for persons with glasses and they are also rubber coated. They are a little heavy, but so are most that size and I bought a crooked horn outfittes harness bino system which works great. Sure Zeiss, Swaro's and Leica's are better, but at 3x's or more the cost I couldn't justify that - not with a young family.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-29-04 AT 07:54AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-29-04 AT 07:45?AM (MST)

The Pentax DCF SP is their top of the line bino right now. Many claim it to be every bit as good as the top european brands. $400.00 will get you close, but not quite there. Here's a couple of pages with reviews:

www.optics4birding.com/reviews.htm

www.betterviewdesired.com

Best price, but maybe taking a chance on service:
www.hotbuyelectronics.com

Great service, but a little more money (Their actual pricing is usually a bit less than shown):
www.17thstreetphoto.com
www.cameralandny.com

I own the DCF SPs, and they are great as far as I'm concerned! You won't be dissapointed for the money...

S.

:)

I have a pair of the DCF WP 8X42's also. I love 'em. I got them on ebay for about 350.00 I believe. I know Nikon's Monarch ATBs are also good at under $300, and Cabela's also has some new waterproof lines out in your price range. I don't know too much about them, though.

Good luck. You'll like your Pentax's if that's the way you go.

WH

I am considering the DCF WP 10x50's, but I am also looking at the PCF WP 10x50 or 16x60's. Anyone have any imput on the PCF WP models??

Thanks

TUFF

I have the 10x43 dcf sp and the pcf wp 20x60. My 10x43 are great can't beat for the money. You can get a new pair on ebay right now for $437.99 thats where I got mine. My 20x60's are ok but not in the same class as the dcf sp's. I get a little wooooozy every now and then looking through them. You got to have a tripod for them thats for sure.

300win.

I own a pair of 10x42 dcf's and i think for the money they can't be beat. I ended up paying under $300 for mine with the mail in rebate. Cabelas was selling the same pair at the time I bought mine for $500, so I think I got a bang up deal. I ditto on the phase corrected lenses. I believe all the dcf models have phase corrected lenses.

cabinfever

I use Swaro's and my friend uses Pentax side by side. I don't know which model he has but they cost about $350.00 to $400.00 and are 8 x 42's. I was very impressed with the Pentaxes and would recommend them. Very nice for the money they cost. As well as several other mid range priced binocs I've seen. Hope this helps. Goodluck. Fatrooster.

I own a DCF 10x50 and there allright for the price. Seems like I paid around $400 for them a couple years ago from adorama.com
ILH

Use the search engine on this site, there's been plenty of discussion on this that you can find.

I bought some Pentax DCP 10x42s about 3 years ago. Best glasses I could find for about $300. Not the best, but the difference between them and the $1,000 were so slight that it wasn't worth it to me to spend more bucks. I'm dang happy with them, easy on the eyes (eye relief) also. Glad I bought em, no regrets.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom