Pentax Spotters????

quickdrawkinker

I'm in the market for a new spotting scope and have been trying to gather up as much info as possible.... I was looking at a birding website (didn't know that this was as popular as it is) and was able to get some great side by side comparisons of all the major brands: Leica, Ziess, Swarovski, etc and to my surprise the Pentax 20-60x80mm was often spoke of in the same breath as the top three. Just wondering if any of you guys have had the opportunity to look through these, at half the price ($800) of the other three is this a deal--or just another case of half price=half the quality?

I have the new 80 pentax and it is a damn good scope for the money! I bought it for $800 then got the $150 rebate so for $650 it was money well spent and that was with the 20-60 eyepiece. Where this scope really shines is when you get into pentax's straight power eyepieces these are as good as any on the market. I also have a swaro sts 80 and it is very hard to tell the difference, the swaros 20-60 is a bit better but not by much. I use the pentax for digiscoping with my williams adapter and Nikon coolpix 990 camera.

Chad,
Where did you buy this scope to get the $150 rebate? And in your honest opinion how close does it compare to the Swarovski? Thanks,
Kade Creamer

I am also looking at getting a Pentax. I am looking at the PF-65ED it is selling for around $650.00. I would also like to know where you got yours.

You know guys I can't remember who I got it from, might have been hot buys. I purchased it off ebay about 1 1/2 years ago, they were an authorized Pentax dealer.
The HD Swarovski is better glass, but then again it's $2200.
For the money it is very very good glass and with one of the staight powered eyepieces it will go against the best of them.
It is large and not the best for spotting, the Leupold 12-45 is another good scope for the money. As are some of the B&L line.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom