PETA in NM

huntswnm

Just wondering if anyone else has heard this rumor. Supposedly PETA put in something like $100,000 into NM applications this year in hopes of drawing tags that then could not be used by hunters. Don't know if this is true or not, but I have heard it a few different times. Any thoughts??
Jeff

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, weapon in one hand, calls in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

I have heard rumors like that in the past and while it may be done on a small scale i seriously doubt it was anything of significance.

I think it would be great to take their money like that. I think that would be a very innefective use of their funds. Hope they are that stupid.

With as much money these ANTI groups have I would not doubt it at all if this sort of thing was going on.

I don't put much value in that either. Isn't too effective in my opinion. More tags will be issued via LO or the draw in future years to keep herd numbers in check anyway.
-Raptor

I would highly doubt this is true. Maybe a ugly rumor because draw odds are steep and someone had a chip on their shoulder? Just my thoughts.;-)

I hear that rumor it seems like every year. As far as I know it's just urban myth. Even if they put in for every hunt possible that's still more folks applying than they could come up with- That'd be a lot of tags and would show up on our harvest reports. And there would be a lot of head scratching going on in Santa Fe as to why the success ratios were so low, etc.. I've not heard of one single (solid) example of a PETA person actually ever buying a tag.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
NM Operation Game Thief 1-800-432-4263
?I want as game protectors men of courage, resolution, and hardihood, who can handle the rifle, ax, and paddle; who can camp out in summer or winter; who can go on snowshoes if necessary; who can go through the woods by day or night without regard to trails" Theodore Roosevelt-1899
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
http://www.naweoa.org/mod.php?mod=userpage&page_id=15&menu=1500

Thanks guys for the replys.
I think I feel the same way. The whole success ratio on the harvest results would be way out of whack. I didn't draw anything this year and I guess you always look to some reason that helps you cope until next year!
Thanks
Jeff

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, weapon in one hand, calls in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom