Phoenix Taxidermist

P

packerhorse

Hey Guys need some info here.... A buddy and I are going to Mexico for Deer next January and are looking for a taxidermist to drop off our Horns with to have them shipped to our Taxidermist at home. We plan to go from Phoenix to Reno for a few days for the SCI convention before we head home, and don't want to have to lug our racks with us.

Any help will be greatly appricated

Thanks

Packer

You might not like what I'm going to say but here it goes.
I'm a USDA approved taxidermist in El Centro, CA just 15 minutes from the border. Two weeks ago I just renewed my permit and it went up again. It's $550 the 1st year, then $325 for the next 2 years and then it starts all over again, $550 than....
Problem is, the fee is not fixed and it can AND does go up every year. There was an increase of $152 this year, who knows what next year will be.
Besides the permit fees there are annual inspections and lots of red-tape for each shipment.
Don't be offended when you call a USDA taxidermist and he refuses your request to be a middle-man so that you can take your business to your local taxidermist "who doesn't have the required permits"
Find a USDA taxidermist and have him mount your trophies. Show him some respect please.
Sincerely,
Rodney Dangerfield

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom