Phone Scope Question

cmbbulldog

Very Active Member
I haven't had this problem before with previous phones, but when I am trying to Digiscope using a S10 thru a swaro spotter, my phone won't magnify beyond 1.0 power, if I try to magnify the phone, it just goes black. Is that a setting issue?

That's interesting....I know they are SMART phones but are they SMART enough to know they are looking through a spotter???

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Could be that the phone skope is blocking your second camera? Lots of the newer phones have dual lens cameras, maybe yours uses a second lens for zooming.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-19 AT 03:06PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-19 AT 03:01?PM (MST)

It's the multiple cameras that are on the back of your phone. The S10 has 3 cameras. This is going to be a problem going forward for all of us for all phone being manufacturerd. One camera is used for normal operation, one is used for telephoto, and then one is used for wide angle. Some cameras like the pixel 4 do not have wide angle but still have multiple cameras for normal and zoom options. The problem is, once you start to zoom, the camera automatically shifts to the camera it needs which then changes which camera is centered on your phone scope. I have no solution for you other than you should use the zoom on your spotter more and try and stay below the threshold to where the camera doesn't switch over to the telephoto lense. Or set up the phone scope where it centers over the telephoto lense and make sure you are always zoomed out just enough to be using that particular lense.

Another option is to ditch phone scope and go to a more adjustable option like the novagrade phone adapter. This is the one Ive used for a few years now because I change phones every 9 months or so, so the phone scopes have been absolutely worthless to me. I realize this is not normal but it could be the best option so you can use either lense a little easier.

Thank you all. Yes, definitely the multiple cameras are what is causing my issue. I was out looking at sheep all morning and had to hold phone to get any pics. Might have to look into a new adapter. Wish phone skope would let folks know of this issue before selling them... oh well, thanks for the responses.

Have you tried using the Phoneskope app? I had the same problem with my IPhone X but it works when using it through their app...

Horniac

Have you tried turning it off, then back on? :D :D That fixes about 75% of all computer problems.

Sorry. I couldn't resist...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom