pic of cow elk

vinihunt

well! bagged nice cow elk on open day last saturday! down in unit 16..8 am!! my brother and I! my brother saw 4 cow was trailin up the hill and we tried to get a closer shot but couldn't. So I shot around 521 yards, I know it is far but felt comfortable! rest on rock and wait for cow to step out from a tree..BOOM! wasn't sure where I hit then the 3 cow ran up hill, and the cow I shot ran down in the arroyo and crashed 100 yards down..and I looked and see where I hit...Hit middle of the ribcage and exit out big hole! Fun hunt with my brother!
49358e7f322557bf.jpg

49358ea633b02d72.jpg

49358ec03491b6da.jpg

49358eda357db2b4.jpg

49358f0536fbb2b4.jpg

49358f2f3a0294f7.jpg

49358f4e3af7b2b4.jpg

now...waitin to pick the meats from butcher! and hope to draw again next year!!

vinihunt

good job man..im getting anxious to go on my hunt in two weeks in 34

vinny,

Congrats! Way to fill the freezer with some good looking elk meat. Your boys are loving every bit of it, ha? I bet they can't wait to tear into the carne seca. You will not be able to make fast enough, I'm sure. Also, great shot!!!!. What kind of rifle were you using? Good luck on your friend's late season cow hunt in 51. With a little bit more snow, I will be just right. Alot of elk are still a little high. Let me know how I can help. Crazyelk

Well done Brother. Those are some fine looking boys.
I'll bet your looking forward to the day when they get
their first Elk. Later Baker

thanks for the comments!! pick up meat from butchers today this afternoon!!

and I used my brother new ultra .300 mag gun! what a smooth shot! no kick! and hope to use the gun again for Ibex! If I ever draw

and crazyelk...yes will contact ya about unit 51...

Vinihunt

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom