Picked up a 257 Roberts today

shortmag

Needed a 1/4 bore to round our the rifle selection. Hope to start with prarie dogs in Kansas during Sept., mule deer in Idaho during Oct. and whitetail in Wisconsin during Nov. Ordered a Burris 2-7 Fullfield 2 in matte also. Rifle is a Ruger Hawkeye and it is sweet. Nice trigger and fit and finish seem real tight. I like the matte theme. Stock is beautiful. Recoil is so mild. I had to rip a round off out at the range just to check it out. This rig should be a lot of fun to shoot. Anybody else using a Hawkeye?

I picked one up for my son. An FN Mauser. Great little gun shoots great too. I got the best accuracy in mine with 48 grains of IMR 7828 with CCI 250 LR Mag primers and 100 grain Sierras. Grouped under half inch at 100 yards. Good luck I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine.

I have a Ruger ultra light in 257. Topped with a Leupold 1.5X5 variXIII. Not a tack driver, but very consistant 1.25" groups. We shoot 100 gr Hornandys, and IMR 3031. We love this little rifle, my wife, and daughter shoot it most, but I have taken more than half dozen whitetails with it. Congrats on your new purchase. Your going to love shooting this fine caliber.

Put a Burris 2-7X36 Full field2 on it with a ballistic plex. Sweet combo! Bore sighted it myself and sighted it in at 100 yards. Used the small tics and now have a 300 yard deer rifle. Deer season is Oct. 10th.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom