Picking a stabilizer

M

mountaineer

I just bought a new bowtech patriot and was wondering how you pic a stabilizer length. i already know what brand i want. Ive been shooting for 18 years and im not sure if ive ever thought about it. I always just picked one and tryied it. not sure if it was the right one or if i just got use to it. also this is the first bow ive had with a mounting point for a back stabilizer. im not realy sure if i need one or not. Thanks for any pros, cons, opinions or experirences. Mountaineer

Years ago, an individual who was deeply involved in the archery world explained which stabilizer you needed. At that time, it was bigger and longer than the ones you will need for your light-weight bow. Here is how you check your bow; hold it in you shooting hand, just as if you were going to shoot it, then let go and just let it rest on the web between your thumb and index finger. Most likely, it will rock back towards you. What you are looking for is a stabilizer that will counter-balance your bow so that it will remain verticle when you release your grip. Not sure if this is the correct or accepted way to decide, but it sure helped my shooting.

Today, I saw a stabilizer that works the side-to-side issues. Not sure if its still in testing, but it looks like it will work. As for those which absorb vibration/shock, just ask around.

Ghost Hunter

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom