pics through the spotting scope? HELP

joebobhunter4

i coulda had some really good pics of velvet bucks across the field today but it wouldnt focus through it...? do you know why? here are some of the pics... i took them in different things like automatic and all those other manual settings. i have a Canon S2 IS. if any of you have any suggestions please help...? i had them focused and everhting but when i took the pic it would like loose all the light and take a bad pic... and i was holding steady too while taking the picture and the spotting scope was on a tripod...
Picture249.jpg

Picture246.jpg

Picture255.jpg

idk why they are so dark and blurry...? i took some out of my window at my house one day and they turner out fine but idk why these didnt when they actually counted???

Just a guess, but do you wear corrective lenses? Sometimes what's in focus for your eyes isn't "really" in focus.

I work in a machine shop and I made an adaptor to go from my cannon sd500 camera to my leupold gold ring 12x40x60. I have found that it is better not to zoom both the camera and spotting scope just zoom one or the other. Also with my adaptor I can get everything set and use the timer at 3-10 seconds so when I push the button the camera and spotting scope won't shake one last comment don't use the flash I found that it makes a big bright light spot in the picture

I use a digital camera and I had the same problems with my pictures. If you focus the spotting scope for your eye and then add the camera you will have pictures like you described.
Add the camera and look at the picture on the display window on the back of the camera and focus the spotting scope until it is clear. This should help fix your problem.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom