pics thru spotting scope?

patriot25

Just got me a new spotting scope(vortex viper HD 15-45x65)
I have been learning how to take pictures through it with my adapter. Is there a specific camera setting that is better than another?(auto, scene, ect) I have taken some and they seem to be out of focus. what is the secret? thanks for any tips.

5932dscn4397.jpg

6419dscn4452.jpg

I want that scope! low light does it do good? id like to hear your thoughts on it!

I love it!! I looked through the razor tonight and its also a nice scope, But other than it zooming closer i could't notice any differance. Of coarse its a 20-60 X 85 so you can zoom alot closer, but not worth the extra weight or money because i backpack alot. imo. My Viper HD is cristal clear and i couldn't be happier!! oh and can't beat the vortex warrenty.

I have had the best luck by turning my spotter down to 20x or whatever the lowest magnification is. Also to shut off the digital zoom on my point and shoot camera so it uses optical zoom only. I also put my camera on the timer,like 2-5 seconds so I am not touching it when it captures the image. Keep the pics coming !

-Sig
Find 'em. Learn 'em. Shoot 'em. Eat 'em.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom