Pig hunt?

nv_hunter

Very Active Member
Does anyone know of property that I can pay a trespass fee to hunt on?

nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif

Good luck finding anything for less than $500. Hogs has become a huge business here in Central/Southern California. We used to go with a guide that was the cheapest around out of San Miguel. He charged us $265 for a full day of hunting. That was nearly 8 years ago. I've got a couple of friends that own about 6000 acres in Santa Maria. They are farmers and the pigs love broccoli and beans. They are pests to them and have depredation permits. The trick is they only come out late at night so if you want to hunt, it is at night with spotlights. Its a lot of fun though. I believe Camp 5 Outfitters guides for hogs and so does a guy named Neissen (can't remember the first name) does as well. I would go with a reputable company though. I think it would be worth the extra money. Hogs don't come to the same feeding areas all the time. You need a guide that knows where the hogs will be...not where they were. Good Luck.

Steve

LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-07 AT 11:21PM (MST)[p]There's a guy on craigslist for the modesto,ca area under sporting goods advertising guided hog hunts for 300 bucks. Other than that I know quite a few ranches that do guided hunts but thats it. Most ranches here in Ca do guided hunts only, not sure why but it seems to be the norm. My dad and I are booked at a place march 1st & 2nd called the Burrows ranch up by Red Bluff. Its pretty well know here in Ca......Supposed to be loaded up and headin home before lunch. We'll see :)

If huntin is a sport.....Well your lookin at an athlete!

go to DFG and get a BLM map of the areas you want to hunt and go for it but use only non leaded bullets in central & southern ca. about 1/5 of it in the condor area. Nim

MY WIFE HAD WON A PIG HUNT LAST YEAR AT THE SAC. ISE SHOW AND WE HUNTED TODAY IN RED BLUFF (BOARS N MORE) DON'T NO MUCH ABOUT THEM BUT THEY HAVE ALOT OF HOGS, THEY HUNT THEM WITH DOGS, WOW
THAT WAS FUN. SHE KILLED TWO VERY NICE HOGS NOT BAD FOR HER FIRST HUNT EVER.THEY CHARGE $600.00 FOR ONE PIG.

Try Deedy at Bryson Hesperia Resort, I don't know of anyone that will let you hunt unguided because of the liability factor, or go over to Jesses hunting and outdoors (JHO) and sign up for the next ham slam, I believe its $400 for the whole weekend and you hunt on your own

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom