Pig Sheep

greatwestern

Very Active Member
Here are a couple high country pork chops for ya guys...rolling in fat! horns not too shab either ;)

please excuse my typically crappy photo quality :)

Enjoy!

59066042.jpg

22676068.jpg

57866070.jpg

76456080.jpg

61796087.jpg

74546111.jpg

31826140.jpg

94516150.jpg

Cheers

Adam

What are you feeding them down there????
They are most definitely PIGS in both body and horn!
Thanks for sharing GW!
Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-14 AT 05:00PM (MST)[p]Cheers guys...say, which one would you guys shoot? I kinda like the big one ;)

**edit---Z man, the rams that favor these old timberline burns always seem to grow rather pork like :)

Cheers guys...say, which one would you guys shoot? I kinda like the big one ;)

I like the big one too!! ha.

Generally I favor lower drop, over tight curl, but that compact ram does look long and studly!

Nice jump start for the week Mr. Simms!

Both great rams! Thanks, I would choose the uphill ram. I think he is a little older and more mass. I would like to study both of them in my spotter with a tag in my pocket!

^ah yes, the Pug Sheep! A intergrade between the dog and pig sheep variants :)

I agree with ya 50, I like Max the big old massive broomer, no second thoughts...but a lot of folks really love the horn type that Rex has with that classic AB conformation, just beautiful

So which one would you guys prefer given an equal opportunity?

Cheers

Love to have to make that choice. The old broomer is carrying more bone but I am a sucker for a cool drop back and that tighter curl does have the Alberta look of the Mine rams we all have been drooling over for years...hmmm eeeny meeny miney mo....looks like that broomer ram is misbalanced and curls different....but looks like one might be making a bigger grunt when trying to heft that old battering ram for a picture.

But them I would have my trusted Adam next to me telling me the 1/8ths and such I could'nt see

Given tens seconds to choose seeing that up-curl on the one on the left he might get my attention but more time to think I think it might just be the character of the Broomer boy

If ever the sheep Gods favored me with a Golden NM ticket, my first task would be to twist Mr. Simms's arm to be by my side when such an opportunity presented itself. And if that happened we would glass for some time and I would opt that while I love the low dropping broomed look of Max, his twisted left side (like Adwriter mentioned) might wear on me, especially with pretty-boy Rex staring our direction.
"The Sage" would likely point out age and size but emphasize my agency. Then after much consideration, I would likely exercise it on Max, knowing there would be no losers in this debate.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-14 AT 07:35PM (MST)[p]Ha! Ike bro, you and I think alike...but maybe we live just a little too far south and UP from the border for that to happen no! ;)

Ted and Rick, pull them tags brothers and I'm in...we'll have us a superb high country adventure :)

**edit---and don't forget the raffles guys...I was runner up in my home state's Rocky Raffle this year with $100 bucks invested in 5 tix...so, there might be hope yet! Though I might have been happier in the ignorance of not knowing such a result ;)

well, gotta Keep on truckin eh!

Adam, that has to be killin you to know that you were next in line for the rocky tag...ya I would just rather not know. I have played some raffles this year with nothin yet, maybe just maybe NM will finally give me a tag this year. I can't even win the <1 sheep tag even though I am a life member, how pathetic! lol

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom