Pigs

derquhart

I live in central CA and most of my hunting consists of out of state deer and elk hunts. Looking for a good place to hunt some pigs, nothing to hardcore just to be able to have a good time with friends. Public land or private with small trespass fee preferable. I know most landowners would like some help getting rid of some pigs.

I am from the central coast as well, but despite the complaining about the damage wild pigs do, very few ranches actually allow any hunting. Most that do are sewn up by guides, which is a good option if you are a newbie. Public land hunts, especially DIY are a tough nut to crack. There are loads of pigs in SLO, Monterey and San Benito counties and they do stray onto public once in a while. FHL or Camp Roberts are the two military bases that have fairly good numbers of pigs, but get get hammered a lot and the bases can close for training without notice.
Good luck...

Stop Global Whining

I HUNT HOGS 9-10 MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR IN CENTRAL CA. & I CAN ATTEST THAT PRIVATE HUNTING PROPERTIES ARE VERY HARD TO COME BY. OWNERS WILL NOT LET PEOPLE HUNT REGUARDLESS OF THE DAMAGE DONE/ FOR FEAR OF LIABILITY.....& JUST NOT BEING ABLE TO TRUST UNKNOWN HUNTERS IN A GIVEN SITUATION......IE...GATES, TRASH, SHOOTING LIVESTOCK, STARTING A FIRE AND SUCH. YOU ALMOST HAVE TO BE SPONSERED BY ANOTHER LAND OWNER. IF YOU DO EVER GET THE PERMISSION........TAKE CARE OF IT LIKE ITS YOUR FIRST BORN CHILD...........YD.

Tejon ranch around $450 for 2 1/2 days DIY, Bryson Hesperia resort near FHL $200 per day DIY, if you just love hunting and taking your rifle for a walk then try public land, otherwise check out the above.

I just finished a hog hunt on private land by Lake Sonoma. We went 6 out of 10 hogs killed, with the other 4 missing shots. Let me know if you want the number.

Put in for javalina next year in AZ. Wild pigs, smaller than what your probably looking for. You can always find public land to hunt. These things are all over AZ, north and south. Not that difficult to kill if you can glass, but lots of fun.

Is that ethical?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom