PIke Fishing

bullskin

Very Active Member
Please excuse the fishing question on a hunting site, but my son and I are traveling to meet my parents in Tucson early April and he really wants to catch a northern pike. I am thinking about Lake Mary or Amherst, but know nothing of them other than they are supposed to hold pike. Are there any members who can tell me about these lakes and how best to target them? Thank you in advance.

I haven't done it in years but used to fish the lake Mary narrows with frozen anchovies and did well

Upper lake Mary in the narrows either standard spinnerbaits or larger inline spinners meps, Panther Martin etc... also have had good luck with swim baits it's been so warm this year ice shouldn't be an issue. The lake is really rocky so 15 - 20# is the lightest I'd go on line

Your best option for pike fishing in Arizona is the Mill Ponds in Mcnary. Mcnary is located East of Pinetop. That's about 4 hours from Tucson. Most of the Pike are under 20 inches.

In my opinion it's not worth the drive from Tucson. If he wants to go fishing take him to Patagonia and catch some bass.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom