Pine Beetle ???? Bad !

ColoradoRam

Just spent the weekend near Kremmling and could not believe how bad the beetle kill is from basically the Continental Divide north to North Park. I did see quite a bit of logging activity which is good. On the flip side we saw some nice bucks including one real smoker in units 181 and 18. Not many does or fawns. The vegetation is the best I maybe have ever seen. Good luck to those with buck tags in that area. PM me if you have a tag and would like me to share some info. Good luck !

I took the wife and kids up to steamboat last weekend and I noticed how bad the pine beetles are as well. I drove up through that area last fall and could have sworn that it was not that bad. The whole side of the mountain is dead pine trees now.

Was up around Keystone last week, some entire mountainsides are dead, most have some patches of dead trees.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-08 AT 12:50PM (MST)[p]Hawk,

You are correct. Last summer the Ski hill at Steamboat had very few visible dead lodgepole. Now about 90% are dead.

Here's a picture my Father took from his driveway last week. Most of Mount Werner is Aspen and the higher altitude is Sub Alpine Fir which fortunately aren't affected by Mountain Pine Beetle.
Beetlekill.jpg

Beanman

I was in Breck last month for my daughters softball tourney and couldn't believe it either.

This things gonna be really bad when it's all said and done.

I kinda think this is the best thing that could happen to our forest. After they die, and a couple of lightning strikes later the fire starts and clears em' out, the forest might return to a healthly number of tree's. Might take more than our lifetime to happen, but thats what needs to be done.

The Hayman Burn area near Colo Spgs is starting to come back realy nice with lots of grass and young aspens

The "Smokey the Bear" fire campaign was stupid and now were going to pay for it the hard way!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom