Pinevally Unit

quest

Very Active Member
I think the deer are starting to move down in small numbers. Seen a doe yesterday with 2 yearlings does and you could see her ribs overall they looks healthy but they didn’t look like they put on much reserves. They all had their winter coats on. The numbers are off buck/doe ratio should have seen more bucks but maybe some of those bucks were already harvested?

I think the deer are starting to move down in small numbers. Seen a doe yesterday with 2 yearlings does and you could see her ribs overall they looks healthy but they didn’t look like they put on much reserves. They all had their winter coats on. The numbers are off buck/doe ratio should have seen more bucks but maybe some of those bucks were already harvested?
Looks the same on the Beaver unit. We have all been told how well the southern units came through the winter. I don’t see any increase in numbers of deer or bucks

All the deer on the muzzy that I saw were fat and healthy. A rancher commented to me that usually has cattle hang tight near his water and feed but they are scattered everywhere this year because of the abundance of both.

I did see a lot of forkies which surprised me because I saw very few fawns last year. I didn’t see anything mature this year but honestly I didn’t hunt very hard this year and missed half the hunt as it was. Hopefully some of those yearling bucks make it through the rifle hunt but I’m sure at least half of them won’t.

Spent multiple days on the muzzleloader and early rifle and saw quite a few does and some smaller bucks. The buck-to-doe ratio isn't anywhere close to what they keep telling us it is. There are quite a few yearlings which is a good sign and a lot of does have multiple fawns this year. The mature bucks have been hard to find. We hunted two canyons that had quite a few deer last year and didn't see anything this year.

I'd wait until mid to late November and then count the buck to foe ratios. Most bucks are still in their bachelor groups right now.

I saw more deer and more bucks this year than the past couple and they all looked fat and sassy for the most part.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom