Pistol ammunition

I had a couple/few bricks of 22 stuff and a couple boxes of 38sp delivered within the past month or so. No problems but they charged a ton for shipping and i found out why when it came in 4 different parcels on 4 different days. WTF, over?

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Joey,

Who did you order from?..If they didn't warn you of that I'd be upset and would be calling them asking to make things right..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Cheaper than Dirt! It was at least $40. shipping!

When i ordered and then questioned the high price she quoted me to ship, she said, "well, it is over 12 pounds". I told her, "i could get a generator shipped across country for that much", but i needed or felt that i needed the stuff... and they had it at still reasonable prices...

I have since done a better inventory of my misc ammo and found that i had plenty of both but i guess it pays to not run too short these days on stuff i can't/don't load myself for.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

That sucks..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-13 AT 07:31AM (MST)[p]There's an awful lot of people buying all kinds of stuff on the net and out of catalogs with what appears to be cheap prices and then when ridiculous S&H fees are tacked on a lot of folks don't even look at it as part of the total end price for some reason! It's sort of like how they sell everything ending in 95 or 99 cents to make it look cheaper than what it actually is if the price was rounded up to the even dollar, but people fall for it all the time. Look at gasolone as another example with the price only 1/10th of a cent from the next penny, but ask anyone what they paid for it and they always just give the lower price without mentioning the 9/10ths cent. People are funny when it comes to buying stuff!

No $hit! Thanks for the obvious!!

"... then when ridiculous S&H fees are tacked on a lot of folks don't even look at it as part of the total end price for some reason!

Brain dead folks, maybe. Anyone else knows that it's part of what has to be paid for the product in hand.

I paid $23. a brick for the reg 22lr stuff and $50. a brick for the 22 Stingers. With about $10. each for shipping, that still is miles ahead of what guys are paying now...that is if they could even get it. I weighed that possibility out ahead of time and pulled the trigger, high shipping or maybe not get the stuff i thought i might want/need.

Joey

Found a cool website gunbot that is tracking in stock pistol ammo. I was even able to get 5 boxs of the elusive 9mm ball ammo last week without breaking my bank.
mike

LAST EDITED ON Apr-03-13 AT 09:23PM (MST)[p]I needed about 300 bullets for several of my 44 cal pistols last week. I went out to the shop and got out my custom 4 cavity NOE mold and had a pile of bullets in little over one hour.
Did not even put a dent into my lead ingot's pile that I have already alloyed for pistol ammo.
I have not bought factory ammo for several years and have molds for most pistol and rifles that I have.

RELH

P.S. Since I stocked up on primers and powder and brass before the high prices kicked in, I can load center fire pistol ammo cheaper then what you pay for 22lr ammo today.

They are not making profit on the shipping part. You can't do USPS. No flat rate boxes. Shipping ammo ups or fedex is expensive. $40 is really quite reasonable for a store to charge shipping and handling for any reasonable ammount of ammo. Go try to ship some ypourself and see...

Fudd, they shipped my ammo to me in 4 different lots on 4 different days. If they put it all in one box, one delivery, it would be cheaper, No? That's all i'm saying...

Considering what guys are paying now, i got a great deal, high shipping or not.

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom