Plateau Antelope Muzz hunt?

AZDirtNap

Will they have the Plateau Muzzleloader hunt again im 2011?
How was the hunt this year.
Would like to get my first Muzzleloader Antelope.
thx.

If you want to waste your points, do it. With all of the tags given out and the yearly transplants to other areas of the state, that unit is in the toilet right now. The DWR also really messed up on their counts, or at least somebody wasn't listening to the field biologist. I had thought about burning my antelope points on the Plataeu this year but no way. They closed the hunt last year if that gives you any indication.

It's always an adventure!!!

+1
I would recommend anything over the plateau right now. That unit is going to need a few years.
How many points do you have?

"Half of being smart, is knowing what you're dumb about."

Thank you for the info. I only have 2 points. Maybe i will just keep building points until it gets better. I really just want to get one with my muzzlerloader. I am not looking for a big one, just the experience. I have 3 antelope over 80. It is hard to drew a tag in AZ. The Plateau has good odds. I am not in a hurry so i can wait.

AZDirtNap,,,All of Utah's antelope hunts from Sept.17-25
in 2011 are ANY weapon hunts..You can use your muzzy on
any of those hunts. Lots of options there.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-10 AT 03:13PM (MST)[p]I will look into Wyoming. I dont think of applying for a rifle hunt and using a muzz. Thx for all the ideas.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom