plateau archery speed goat

fatherofthree

I'm looking for somebody that thinks they might have drawn this tag this year. I hunted it last year and have a great blind built that I didn't get down to remove. I need to go down soon, but won't if there's someone that could use it, plus it would save me the trip.

thx

>I'm looking for somebody that thinks
>they might have drawn this
>tag this year. I hunted
>it last year and have
>a great blind built that
>I didn't get down to
>remove. I need to go
>down soon, but won't if
>there's someone that could use
>it, plus it would save
>me the trip.
>
>thx

Looks like I may have drawn it. I think they only gave out 13 tags this year. I hope there are still some good bucks around after the slaughter from last year. Did you harvest one?

LAST EDITED ON May-27-11 AT 04:55PM (MST)[p]Thats to bad you didn't take it down. It's pretty clear that you have to remove them when your done hunting. Just one more privilige that we will lose soon due to a few people. If I recall it says it right on your tag.
a20792b12a43280588e9ae_s.JPG

How was your hunt? Any pics? I am sure there are still some good goats down there.

"Half of being smart, is knowing what you're dumb about."

I am curious about your hunt too. I have an any weapon tag this year. they cut the tags to nothing compared to last season

The hunt sucked big time compared to normal down there. I hunted 2 days and saw so few goats that I never went back. I decided that if they're hurting that bad, I definately don't want to shoot one and make it worse. I never even sat a blind. Just glassed a few and looked for deer mostly.

It will be better for sure with the fewer tags, as long as you can get away from the stupid sheep.

I think it is tragic what has happened to the antelope herd on the Plateau. This unit use to be a premier antelope unit, with good numbers and buck size,a half a decade ago. Between the numerous buck tags, doe tags and antelope transplants,the heard has really suffered. Then the winter of 2009 helped wipe out even more. The last couple times down to the unit in 2010 I really noticed a drop in numbers.

I know in the future, it will be a lot more difficult to draw a buck tag on the Plateau. A friend of mine did not draw with five points this year. I told him it was a benifit to him,that he did not draw, as this will allow some of the bucks to get a little more age.

Yep. I was a witness to the decline in this unit. It used to be great and went to crap with each passing year with poor management.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom