Platinum Powerbelt

3DEER

My LE Elk Muzz hunt starts next week! I have settled on using the 270 gr PB Platinums with 2 50gr pyrodex pellets. My TC Omega really likes this combo. 3" groups @ 150yrd and 1" high of zero. Has anybody had as good of luck with with these bullets? I hope this combo will do a number on a mature bull. Let me know what you guys think.

3DEER

LAST EDITED ON Sep-22-06 AT 08:46PM (MST)[p]Lots of reports of Omega/Encore folks buying the 338 gr Platinum version. Most feel bigger is better -- especially since the price is the same -- that particular ML prefers the heavier Powerbelts & both Platinum sizes are so close in ballistic charts.

Cannot comment on their effectiveness -- mainly because the platinum bullet is new this year. You got her dialed-in real well with the 270s. But personally-speaking, I like the 338 gr a little better for elk.

http://powerbeltbullets.com/ballistic.html

LAST EDITED ON Sep-23-06 AT 06:15AM (MST)[p]I am shooting the 338 platinum. Haven't popped a cap on game with it yet, so don't know the terminal performance. The 338 is pretty flat shooting in my Omega and I like the extra weight. As long as you get a good double lung shot without having to blow through a shoulder, you should be fine. However, I don't think I would be taking any 200 yard shots with that bullet. Remember, this is still bascically a pure lead bullet. Can't compare it to a premium constructed sabot. Good luck and let us know how it works.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom