Please don't leave pets in vehicles!

Joe2Kool

Very Active Member
I know this isn't hunting related, but we came out from a restaurant tonight and a young man was trying to revive his dog. The dog had been left in the car with the windows up. It wasn't hot today, but the sun had come out.

To make a long story short, we tried to help, but the dog didn't make it. This is a sad reminder that pets should not be left in vehicles unattended.

I know this isn't hunting related, but we came out from a restaurant tonight and a young man was trying to revive his dog. The dog had been left in the car with the windows up. It wasn't hot today, but the sun had come out.

To make a long story short, we tried to help, but the dog didn't make it. This is a sad reminder that pets should not be left in vehicles unattended.
What a swirl of emotions I went through reading this!
First:eek:h no poor dog!
Second: what kind of POS would do that to their dog.
Third: That was 2cool of you to pitch in and help!
I would have been making the guy feel even worse for putting me in that situation, having to deal with a VERY preventable thing.

Many years ago when I was very naive about life, I left my dog in the car during a very hot day. Luckily, he busted out the window and was able to rescue himself from my stupidity.

It's a tough lesson to learn when you lose your buddy.

Kudos to you for trying to help. Unfortunately, now you have an unpleasant memory etched in your brain caused by nothing of your own doing.

22D7732F-B21D-4EEA-A9A1-A786111DDA27.png

In 2008 or so, we got our house. I hadn't put up the 6' chainlink yet, so my wife put our year or so old Fila Brasileiro in the Expedition...it was February....while she and the contractor did the first walk-around the house/garage so she could point out the things which needed fixing.

Fila Brasileiros are very, very protective of their owners.

The pup was upset that he couldn't get to her side, so he took both front seats down to the metal frame, destroyed the steering wheel, the headliner, the console cover. Ab out 6100 in damage, all covered by insurance. The expedition looked a lot worse that this picture.

In 2008 or so, we got our house. I hadn't put up the 6' chainlink yet, so my wife put our year or so old Fila Brasileiro in the Expedition...it was February....while she and the contractor did the first walk-around the house/garage so she could point out the things which needed fixing.

Fila Brasileiros are very, very protective of their owners.

The pup was upset that he couldn't get to her side, so he took both front seats down to the metal frame, destroyed the steering wheel, the headliner, the console cover. Ab out 6100 in damage, all covered by insurance. The expedition looked a lot worse that this picture.
That would have been a dead dog too…

When I saw him trying to revive the dog, I thought he had overheated playing in the dog park located next to the restaurant. I didn't realize he had overheated in a locked car, not that it would have mattered. He was obviously panicked, and we did everything we could to help.

Anyway, please consider this as a public service type of announcement and pass it on. I hope someone sees it, or hears about it, and it prevents them from doing the same thing. The young man made a stupid mistake, and it cost him his best friend. Sad situation that was 100% preventable.

If your dog overheats, get some cool rags, or ice water...anything cold to place onto the pads of their feet, or place all four feet in cold water.

This world is so incredibly stupid it hurts. I really hope someone reported this clown and he gets a felony conviction for his stupidity. If it’s above 50 degrees and you’ve got a dog in the car without the windows cracked and the AC cranked you’re asking for trouble. If his car died or something that’s an accident, just leaving a dog in the car because, that’s stupidity.

If your dog overheats, get some cool rags, or ice water...anything cold to place onto the pads of their feet, or place all four feet in cold water.

I've since learned that CPR works on dogs also. Don't know why I didn't think of it then, but by that time, we were headed to the vet ER.

Based on this experience, I've also decided to refresh my training with some emergency first aid classes.

I've since learned that CPR works on dogs also. Don't know why I didn't think of it then, but by that time, we were headed to the vet ER.

Based on this experience, I've also decided to refresh my training with some emergency first aid classes.
cpr doesn't work on anything when their core temp is 110....

This summer if you left your dog in the truck with the window cracked open here it would freeze to death.

Like other people's children, I have no love for other people's dogs. They just sh!t where I don't want them to and bark all night when I wish they were locked in a hot car.
I just went through that on the boat slip at Lake Powell and all I can honestly say is, no love here for some dogs or their owners.

Flame away!

Zeke

Like other people's children, I have no love for other people's dogs. They just sh!t where I don't want them to and bark all night when I wish they were locked in a hot car.
I just went through that on the boat slip at Lake Powell and all I can honestly say is, no love here for some dogs or their owners.

Flame away!

Zeke
I went on a party boat out of Morro Bay a few years ago and the captain had his 2 rottweilers on board....I don't know what he was feeding them but the deck was constantly covered with dog ****....

? the Karens are the one's taking their dogs with them to every gas station, grocery store, and restaurant they go to. Seeing someone's Yorkipooshnoodlepomski poop at Walmart was the lowlight of my Friday last week. ??
No the Karen’s are people upset by someone so insignificant in life and have determined it’s a problem. Life is too short Kevin, don’t sweat the small stuff ?

Flame away!

Zeke
No flame from me Zeke. I’m absolutely a dog person but the only thing I hate worse than a yapping dog is the owner who’s too F-ing stupid to shut the dog up.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom