Please post your Ibex Mounts

SDBugler

Very Active Member
My son drew a youth ibex tag. We don't get to see many ibex mounts up here in South Dakota so I am looking for ideas on how to mount his ibex if he is successful. Would any of the past successful ibex hunters be willing to post pictures of their mounts? Open to all options - shoulder, pedistal, full body, etc. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for us, so I want to do it right.

Thanks Brian

KitchenbathroomIbexbuildout028.jpg

KitchenbathroomIbexbuildout029.jpg

KitchenbathroomIbexbuildout023.jpg

KitchenbathroomIbexbuildout032.jpg

Here is Zachs

I sure wish I could see the pics!! Dang computer at work won't load the pictures most of the time. I'll check them out when I get home.

I remember seeing Zachs field photo's and they were awesome! I'm sure the mount is every bit as beautiful!

"Windage & Elevation Pilgrim, Windage & Elevation"

WOW!!

That is really an awesome mount. Really like the picture of the Forida Mountains behind him and really like the way the platform is mounted to the support without any legs coming down to the ground. Really like the platform itself. Really like the mount itself, awesome animal, very regal looking!

REALLY like it! Very, Very nice.

The picture is an actual field picture of the rocky knob the ibex was on when Zach shot it.

The platform, wood work,and habitat was done by someone who comes on MM all the time.
I try not to say to much nice about it or his head gets to big. :)

Seriously, the guy makes some amazing stuff, bronzes and has and awesome studio if you can put up with him. Goes by doseof7mag.

Thanks for posting Paul
I can't see the pics either on my work computer (just shows little boxes with red X in them). I will check them out on my home computer.
Is your son hoping to get a bigger one this year??
I still need to give you a call to visit about this hunt.

I just talked to my taxi about my sons buck from NM last year - it is almost done. He was pretty excited when i told him about the ibex tag, the mt goat tag, and the 16D rifle elk tag that we drew this year!!!! He knows that I will be giving him lots of business this fall. We are talking about full body mounts for both billies. I also hope to add an antelope or two from our muzzy lope hunt in 50/52.

What an awesome mount, that guy does tremendous work. Well good luck South Dakota, hope you get some monster Bilies !!

Nice looking mount Paul and Zach!! Very unique setting as well.
Good luck exceeding that billy on this year's hunt.

Anybody else have some ibex mount pictures?

SDBugler, I cannot think of any better way to jinx our hunt than to answer your question about what he plans on holding out for. :)

Good luck SD, my son has same two tags!!!! But he also has a youth 27 deer tag& I have a unit 27 dec 3-11, coues tag. Gonna be alot of driving from South Texas!!!

I'll try sending this back to the top one more time - there has to be other ibex mounts out there.....

Not great photos, but here you go.

22582011-05-21_18-59-51_580.jpg

863tc_finished_ibex.jpg

First Ibex - Youth Rifle (Gold SCI)

Second Ibex - Muzzleloader (Bronze SCI - Was #9 Muzzleloader when 1st entered now is #12 Muzzleloader...I think?)

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom