Please Sign This Petition

TOPGUN

Long Time Member
There is currently a Bill in Montana that would allow corner jumping and it is looking like it has a good chance of passing and opening up millions of acres of landlocked public lands. If it passes in Montana, my feeling is that it could sway the state of Wyoming and others to proceed in the same manner. Anyone can sign it and it only takes a minute. Thanks and let's help our Brothers in Montana get this done!

https://www.change.org/petitions/sp...=url_share&utm_campaign=url_share_before_sign

LAST EDITED ON Jan-25-13 AT 06:44PM (MST)[p]Is there nobody on this site that considers this Bill huge? Public land access is on the line here and maybe in other states, so come on guys and get with the program!

On it.. I know of some great land here in Wyoming that is landlocked by a huge ranch. but the ranch closes the road and keeps the land for themselves to hunt..

signed it, I am from Nevada, where most land is still public. But one of the worst hunts I have ever been on was a few years ago in Colorado. Almost any area of public land that I was interested in hunting was completely land locked, So essentially the land owners owned the public land too. What a crock of chit

I figure the Calif boys make a valid argument, it's Montana's business not mine. If I lived there and knew the whole story I could support the right side of the issue, I don't so I'm going to keep my "big nose" out of someone else's home front.

CapGun, how many frick'en dogs you got?

I see joeaveragehunter is talking out his azz again!!! This Bill has everything to do with anybody who hunts or recreates on publc land anywhwere in the US. If this Bill passes in Montana, it literally has the potential to open the floodgates to other states and millions of acres that is now landlocked being opened to all of us.

Good petition, not so good organization behind it. When I signed this petition, it jumped to another one they are sponoring: a letter to Obama to "stop the gun violence"

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

txhunter58---What you mentioned happens because the outfit that runs the petitions operation itself kicks it to other stuff you may want to sign. It has nothing to do with any organization that may be in favor of the petition we're signing.

Done! I hunted Montana a couple years ago. I was in the checker board country. I had to let a 180 type buck walk because he was across the corner, but on public land. There was a big sign right on the corner saying corner crossing is illegal. So a guy from Oregon has skin in the game. Wow once again I agree with Topgun. What is this world coming to. :)

"Wow once again I agree with Topgun. What is this world coming to."

Miracles never cease do they, hehe!!!

I can't believe avgjoehunter would say federal land is none of his business. What's not to understand about the "whole story?" One of the most ridicilous statements I have read on here in a long time.

I've never hunted Montana, but may some day.

Signed.

There's good and bad both associated with legalizing the "corner jump". It's a good idea to read the bill first, instead of just signing up just because. I support it, but it opens up opportunities for others that I once had to myself. Selfish I know, but the truth. mtmuley

Signed

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & the SFW Hate Club

I about puked when I seen who was sponsering the petition then being asked to sign a petition in support of Obama. But I signed the petition for corner jumping.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Signed as well...........thanks for the "heads up". Here in colorado, corner-crossing isn't expressly forbidden(no law against it) however the BLM does say that "a corner does not constitute legal access) Would be nice to resolve this in favor of john Q public.

Could you have shot the 180" buck legally from where you were or would you have had to shoot across private property? How would that work anyway? If your are in a checker-boarded area and shoot from one public piece, across private property at an animal on public ground in another parcel, is that trespassing? I know this could open up a lot of land, but boy can I see a lot of problems. How do you retrieve and animal across a corner? Do you have to throw it? I assume if it touches the ground you're trespassing.

Calif. hunter,UT,NM,CO,SD,WYO,MT hunter signed.
Stick or for sure we will hang one by one.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

4X4Muley. I typically cut mine into piecis that I carry. I would cross with it on my back or hand it across like I would my rifle. The buck I saw and would have shot had I been able to cross the corner would have been shot after I crossed. Is air space private? How many feet up before it is not?

DZ

The bill died in the Judiciary Committee. The sponsor is trying to "blast" the bill out of committee, which requires 60 votes to overturn the committee vote, on Feb 18th.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom