Plumbers advice?

runamuk

Very Active Member
I am trying to winterize a house and need to blow out the waterlines.
Can I just use the air valve on the top of my pressure tank to blow out the water lines throughout the house?
6909B2A8-DCD8-4F99-B11D-936BAB5BB895.jpeg
E37C1AD5-EEF4-4BA8-BD19-CB396840508D.jpeg
9DB9D007-2F2F-4E4E-81FD-BBC7AE4AA829.jpeg

Good question. I have a nipple in the line after the tank in mine, but that doesn’t address the water in the tank or pump.

I can never seem to get all the water out of mine with air.

Lettuce know.

I do not think so, that is to adjust the pressure in the tank - there is a bladder. You typically never have to adjust the pressure in the tank. I am fairly sure you should definitely not use that valve to blow out the water.
Why do you need a pressured tank for your water needs? Is this on a well system?
Wizard- yup it's a well system.
Good question. I have a nipple in the line after the tank in mine, but that doesn’t address the water in the tank or pump.

I can never seem to get all the water out of mine with air.

Lettuce know.
I just disconnected the pressure tank and let what little was left in it drain out into some towels.
The pump is a submergible and the well is about 350'so not worried about it.
I'm a little worried about the waterline between the pressure tank and well though, trying to find out if I can blow that that back out towards the well.

Thanks Don, that's kind about the same conclusion I came to, Iwas just hoping it would be an easy way to clear the waterlines.
Ended up just separating the line and built a reducer to hook up my air compressor to I'm fairly confident I got them completely blown out.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom