Poached buck

Dr_Hunter

Very Active Member
Another one bites the dust.... No giant by any means, but it's neat to see how involved the public has been in helping this case unfold. Hopefully, they find the poacher. Once a poacher, always a poacher.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=32061444&nid=1070&fm=home_page&s_cid=toppick2

I don't think there is any other quality
so essential to success of any kind as the
quality of perseverance. It overcomes
almost everything, even nature.
-John D. Rockefeller

The DWR should have put up trail cameras or even staked out the detached head and maybe they would have got the person(s) who did this. Very upsetting and hate to see this.

"Once a poacher, always a poacher"

Always? Really? That is not my findings at all, people can become educated and then pull for the other team but if it sounds good to you...

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

sageadvice. you must have poached before! once a person poaches hes a poacher for life.

Let me get me DEW Chilled!

This should be Good!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Muley21, It's been thirty years anyway since i may have stretched a Fish and Game law. Am i a poacher? Far from it. I now teach the local Hunters Ed class and i live what i preach to my young students.

I used to drink with the best of them but not so in 17 years. Am i still a lush or a drunk? I don't think so.

I know several Cops who did drugs before wearing the Badge. Does that make those Cops stoners or druggies?

I used to like to haul A$$ down the road but am i now a speeder. Not even!

I'm not a ex President, former World Champ, nor a Poacher. I'm just a guy that knows people can be tempted at times and the trick is to just don't give in to temptation.

My comment was based on the guys i grew up and hunted with on our family ranches. We all might have taken a extra buck or the like back 40-50 years ago but to the man, each and every one of these guys would now eat a hand full of crap before breaking a game law like poaching.

Once a poacher, always a poacher? Maybe with some that could apply but my experiences tell me different!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Jeezus Joey, a few years ago you flipped out over nothing with me. I dont even remember what it was. I just remember thinking you were a hot head.
This clown implies you are a poacher, and you put your arm on his shoulder and have a father son talk with him.
Are you getting soft in your old age?

For the record, muley21, you sound like just one more internet tough guy that aint got the guts to say in person what he will say from the safety of the internet.
What a jackass thing to say to someone you dont even know.

Well said, Joey......

Some people do dumb things....hopefully there are ramifications to their actions. As in poaching, if they get caught, hopefully that changes them.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

NMPaul, I have got into it with you a couple times because you like to argue, sometimes rub me the wrong way, and have came here with the attitude that others are but you are never wrong. I have NEVER came on these pages and claimed to always have been perfect and don't know where you've been but have stated that many times.

Now, any indiscretions i may have had 40-5o years ago were a product of my land owning meat hunting Father-Family and the times back then when there were Deer literally covering our own properties. I suppose today we would be getting landowner tags. Instead then, Grampa may have been insistent on putting his tags on my deer so i could continue to hunt with him on our month and a half long season. He would much rather see his Grandson flop over a buck than do it himself. The fact that i took my first deer at 10 was wrong right there but didn't raise an eyebrow when written up with pictures in the local Paper.

Times in a small town were different back then and i was hunt crazy, still am! In any event, i soon grew out of it, changed the way i look at the animal itself, and have been a staunch defender of the wildlife we need to manage and protect.

Joey

So Uncle sage?

You started a little early?:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Yes i did and at the time i felt like the most lucky kid in the world.

The important thing here is that most people that i have had contact with in this world, have made a few "mistakes" in their past and darn few of us have always been and are now still perfect.

Some of us have learned from our mistakes. I sometimes read in these pages of hated guys who were actually convicted of multiple game violations say 10, 15, or 20 years ago who others here now know and speak well of. Could that convicted violator since then have completely changed his ways? How many times since back then did he do the right things when confronted with temptation to again stretch the laws?

I guess to some that person, who was not perfect and for whatever motive, broke the laws and got caught, will always be held in low regard but i believe that many of us that have been around the mountain a few times, know that we too were not always perfect ourselves.

Joey

Yep, it appears you cant remember either. That is actually a pretty good description of yourself. I think you get into arguments about 100 to 1 compared to me on these pages. I think you would have to look pretty hard to find me arguing with people on here. That would be the proof in the pudding.

I post up hunts that me and my family do, and pretty much stay out of the campfire forum.
Just because you say you dont know it all, doesnt mean you dont come across that way.

Paul, you butt in to my comments, as you did here again, quite often. I expect as much from you but it goes with the territory don't you think?

BTW, your posts about hunting with your Son are always very good!

Have a good one!!

Joey

Joey, Quite often??? I thought we were on the 5 year plan. My excuse is day before yesterday I had complete rotator cuff and bicep reattachment surgery. 7 hour drive home. pain killers and could not sleep last night most likely altered my judgement, otherwise I doubt I would have ever commented on your post. For whatever reason, you and I dont play nice, and, I will accept all blame for that this time.

"Once a poacher, always a poacher"? Maybe, maybe not. But I'll tell you one thing that is an absolute. You *&%$ one goat and your a goat *&@^$% for life.

>"Once a poacher, always a poacher"?
> Maybe, maybe not.
>But I'll tell you one
>thing that is an absolute.
> You *&%$ one goat
>and your a goat *&@^$%
>for life.

None of us would personally know... BUTT we know a few who would quality! LMAO

I think folks can change for the better (except for the goat thingy).. and for the worse. One direction is a lot harder to do and takes lots of time. The other one is easy and takes just one poor decision... followed by another.

Back to the story: that's a sad deal to lose even one 3x3 to a poacher. He probably thought it was a monster.

Zeke

Yea, this got a little off topic.

They say you have to cut down 10,000 trees to be considered a lumberjack, eff one goat and you're a goat effer for life.

So?

These JOKERS will shoot a PISSCUTTER Buck the day before Season in this kind of Heat We've had this year with a Permit from a different Unit & Chance Losing their Hunting Rights & getting Their Picture in the Paper & on KSL over a DINK?

JUDAS!

Does anyone know where 1911 was the day before season? Just sayin

2311idiot.jpg

I Heard He's in the Dog House!

Almost Permanently!

Once a poacher, always a poacher? Maybe, maybe not...

One thing is for certain though...

If a man builds a 1000 bridges, but sucks just one "****", he is not a bridge builder, he is a "****"sucker...

>NMPaul, I have got into it
>with you a couple times
>because you like to argue,
>sometimes rub me the wrong
>way, and have came here
>with the attitude that others
>are but you are never
>wrong. I have NEVER came
>on these pages and claimed
>to always have been perfect
>and don't know where you've
>been but have stated that
>many times.

Really? He made a simple comment that I read as him just razzing you a bit. Take some Midol and relax a little bit.

My post must have been deleted. All it said is that Sage needs to take a chill pill. Time and time again Joey flies off the handle at the drop of a hat. Calling Paul out for being a hothead is comical at best.

Ah, Fine! Cheap shots, i guess you felt the need. whatever... :)

Joey

Overton, lol, Maybe! Go Giants!!

I dish it out, i need to learn to be better at taking it. You know, the old "what goes around,..." :)

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom