Poached Bull in Utah

Yep, if I remember right they have under 500 members. Tiny little reservation in box elder county....who would have known? Get tags for everything. Even moose and Mtn goats that were not even here in the 1800's

Lol, no arguements with you deerkiller. just a recorded sighting. I am sure the Indians, outlaws, trappers, mormons, Pony Express riders, settlers traveling to the west coast missed a 1000lb black blob. ?

With in this tribe, one member has taken multiple bull moose... birthright?? Or an injustice to the whole **** we call wildlife management!!

I love this crap.

A Shoshone gets "rights" based on an 1800's treaty.

Crosses into Ute territory to shoot an elk.

Not 100%, but guessing that might have come with penalty of death via Ute.?

This schit needs to end! They need to follow the hunting seasons like the rest of us. The days of old are long gone and they can get jobs and get with the times. There is supposedly a tribe in the West Point area that gets two tags of each species to hunt around the Crawford mountains. Fish and game told me about this last fall.

My memory is fading but wasn't there a similar case in Wyoming recently? As I recall, there were several elk harvested on Federal land. It went to Wyoming Supreme Court which fined them. The case was appealed to SCOTUS who then reversed it.

I'm a keep it simple kinda guy, so in my mind what they do on their deeded ground is fine, but what they do on ground not deeded should be subject to the laws of the state. I really think most people support that, but there are always a few like the Wyoming and now Utah case where somebody has to say......I'll do it because I can, not because its right.

That's the problem with ethics/morals; they vary by person......

In hells canyon in Idaho a Nez Perce tribe member has killed something like 10 sheep which are oil hunts for us. 1 of which would be the state record.

I agree 340Wby, they already have many benefits and opportunity on tags that non members do not have access to. What they do on their land is up to them but for state/federally owned land they should have to follow the same regulations the rest of us do.

Not complaining, this only makes sense since we cannot hunt on their land.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom