Poaching Rumor Mill

• Thread starter Setting things straight (Guest)
  • Start date
S

Setting things straight (Guest)

Just writing to tell you people to get the facts before you start running your mouths about Sportsmans. The individual accused of poaching the deer during the bowhunt, had nothing to do with Sportsmans Wharehouse. It was a rumor started in a small town where there is nothing more to talk about. I kwow because I am involved in the case.

I am the one who wrote about the bow hunting incident....and I never said that it was the guy from sportsmans wharehouse. Sone one asked if they had heard anything about a big buck being poached near Fairview. If you read my response I said, "Im not sure if this is the same one or not......but...".

Since then I've heard of the actual incident...so before you come on here and start trying to "set things straight" read the whole post!!!

Besides, that town has every right to talk about it if they please. I think poaching cases should be a lot more publicized. One incident of poaching affects each and every hunter...so, in my opinion, if I lived down there, waht better to talk about! THat was the residents of that town will be aware of the problems that can occur.

Uh, no offense meant here Setting things straight... but I'd be curious to hear again from "Jerry (Guest)" that posted on the original thread.

His post was as follows, "It's not a rumor, its true. I can't say a lot right now but I'm related to the guy in question. Big trouble coming his way."

I'm not calling either of you a liar, but it sounds like the same old story like when a marriage goes south. Always three sides, the man's side, the woman's side and the truth!! :)

You say it's BS, Jerry says the guy is his relative and is in deep dung.

The truth will most likely come out eventually. I would like to think and hope it isn't true but who knows?

I can't stand the fact that a guy from Sportsmans Whorehouse beat me to the punch on poaching a nice buck. ;-)

-Dawg

The guest who wrote this said he was involved. Is he the guy or is he the guy who turn the guy in,or is he the guys relative or did he hear about this at the Sportsman Whorehouse.Damn Now I'm confused.Please post the details

I am a local in Fairview and I know a little about this case. The individual involved is not associated with Sportsmans Warehouse. Or "Whorehouse" as you guys put it. I don't know if they really have a case against him. Or if it's more of a he said, she said, deal. I do know that the question is if it was shot in the headlights, or during legal shooting hours. The deer was not a secret, and alot of people had seen it the last two years. The locals had seen the deer after dark on the night it supposedly got shot. It fed on the side of highway 89 at night, probably due to the drought. The deer was not even that big. Maybe 28,29 inch 3 by 4. Feel sorry for everyone involved. Especially someone dumb enough to shoot a medium sized deer in the headlights on the side of the road that everyone drives home from work on every night. Maybe this will get their attention to what is going on down here. I think this buck is just one of many that get taken every year by unethical hunters in our part of the state.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom