Pocatello info?

AZStickman

I am currently interviewing for a job in Pocatello and was wondering how the hunting, Fishing, Camping is in the area? Terry

Where are you coming from in AZ? I'm up here for school. Pocatello really is a pretty neat place. If I moved up here for good, that would be a choice. Southeast Idaho deer and elk are fair at best though. Deer have been hit hard, but you do get to hunt with a rifle every year, opposed to AZ. If you are at all familiar with elk in AZ, you will cry here when it comes to elk. I have heard the general hunt around Poci is pretty crowded. Beautiful mountains, the fishing is great up by ashton. I'm not too familiar with it around Poci.

I have lived in East Mesa for the last 18 years. I grew up hunting in SW Montana and lived in Oregon for 13 years hunting the coast range. I'll be hunting the archery seasons and have no problem hiking in a bit further than most of the guys I know. AZ is definitely Elk hunting paradise but I have been missing the Rockies like crazy for quite a few years now and am looking forward to hunting there again even if the game is more sparse.... Terry

Would you change your handle? Idastickem?

Tom
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

LOL...I hadn't thought about it but I might have to come up with something new... Still a ways to go before I get the job but I have my fingers crossed... Terry

I've lived in Pocatello a long time. If you'd like specifics PM me.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

I lived in Pocatello for 8 years and grew up fishing and hunting in Eastern Idaho. I moved to Texas last spring to pursue graduate school.

There are good trout fishing opportunities of all kinds in Eastern Idaho. There are places to catch bass, panfish and other species. For about 3 or 4 months during the winter you will need to embrace ice fishing or be willing to deal with limited places to fish and your rod and reel "icing up". I've spent 40-100+ days/year fishing all species and ways in Eastern Idaho and could give you much more information about the fishing in Eastern Idaho.

There is good opportunity and public land to hunt in Idaho but if you are a guy looking for a 350" elk and 180" mule deer you will be disappointed. Few of the bucks and bulls survive enough hunting seasons to grow the set of antlers their genetics will allow.

Send me a PM and I would be happy to give you more information about the area

Check out John Bolligers custom rifle shop in Pocatello...20,000 dollar rifles and worth every bit.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-09 AT 01:35PM (MST)[p]Well my Idaho prospect didn't pan out. I'll keep looking for something up in ID or MT but I'd like to thank all of you who gave me info or offered it up. Maybe we'll get to share a fire one of these days..... Terry

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom