Poem for those dog dads

JPblind

This is a poem from one of my dog training books hit a nerve with me.

Someday Soon

Someday soon, my master, I will hunt for you. My bell will clang through the woods, and when it falls silent, you'll be reminded of the who has gone before me, the one whose collar and bell I now wear. Someday soon, my master, I will wait for the first flights with you, and the wind and the rain will be harbingers of the ducks and geese. Then, we will work as a finely tuned battery, each wanting to do the best the other.

Someday soon, my partner, this simple wing I now point will be an anxious grouse; my long, feathered white tail will be a signal that I have done my job, that it is now time to have fun-for that is what I truly crave. Someday soon my partner, this playful game of fetch will help me to bring back your prized duck so that you may put it on the wall, perhaps next to the picture of you and me.

Someday soon, my friend, these eyes of mine that look at you and say "I will do my best for you every day of my life" will be weary and gray. Your eyes will be sad as they see me hobble and struggle, but mine will always search for your desires. Maybe I'll flash-point that wing in the corner or put that old bumper on your lap, and we can once again be teacher student, master and servant, partners. Someday soon, my friend, we will have to say good-bye for a brief time, but I will be waiting for you-on a staunch point under a golden aspen tree, or on the rocks by the pounding surf, scanning the skies for birds.

Someday soon, I will be gone, so enjoy me now; savor these precious weeks that I am a puppy; cherish the memorable years we will hunt together. For someday soon, all you will have to remember me by is the dusty bumper or that weathered collar and bell, and those tender memories that will grow brighter each time you think of me.

Doesn't give an author but WOW!

This is a poem from one of my dog training books hit a nerve with me.

Someday Soon

Someday soon, my master, I will hunt for you. My bell will clang through the woods, and when it falls silent, you'll be reminded of the who has gone before me, the one whose collar and bell I now wear. Someday soon, my master, I will wait for the first flights with you, and the wind and the rain will be harbingers of the ducks and geese. Then, we will work as a finely tuned battery, each wanting to do the best the other.

Someday soon, my partner, this simple wing I now point will be an anxious grouse; my long, feathered white tail will be a signal that I have done my job, that it is now time to have fun-for that is what I truly crave. Someday soon my partner, this playful game of fetch will help me to bring back your prized duck so that you may put it on the wall, perhaps next to the picture of you and me.

Someday soon, my friend, these eyes of mine that look at you and say "I will do my best for you every day of my life" will be weary and gray. Your eyes will be sad as they see me hobble and struggle, but mine will always search for your desires. Maybe I'll flash-point that wing in the corner or put that old bumper on your lap, and we can once again be teacher student, master and servant, partners. Someday soon, my friend, we will have to say good-bye for a brief time, but I will be waiting for you-on a staunch point under a golden aspen tree, or on the rocks by the pounding surf, scanning the skies for birds.

Someday soon, I will be gone, so enjoy me now; savor these precious weeks that I am a puppy; cherish the memorable years we will hunt together. For someday soon, all you will have to remember me by is the dusty bumper or that weathered collar and bell, and those tender memories that will grow brighter each time you think of me.

Doesn't give an author but WOW!
That hits home, it’s taken me all week to read the entire poem…
Thank you

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom