Point Guard Plus

AZ8

I purchased PG Plus during the Spring app period back in Oct 2022. It shows the purchase on that app. My 2023 elk/pronghorn app recently appeared in my Portal and it shows that PG Plus hasn’t been purchased. I doesn’t show up anywhere else in my dashboard.

I thought it was good for 3 app cycles. Should it not carry over into my current app automatically and show as purchased?

I don't know the answer to whether you should be able to see it but I bought it last year as well and it would not let me buy any type of point guard for the elk/antelope draw. Did you see the same thing?

I didn't buy point guard this year. When I got to Draw Apps section, it shows in the PointGuard column an option to still buy it. Does yours offer that?

“For $25, an applicant will have the opportunity to surrender a hunt permit-tag and have their bonus points reinstated for all eligible big game species for three consecutive draw cycles from the date of purchase.”

It’s not very clear as to what the three consecutive draw cycles are but my conservative interpretation is that it is the three that occur every year namely;
  • Pronghorn antelope, elk​
  • Deer, fall turkey, fall javelina, bighorn sheep, fall bison, sandhill crane​
  • Spring javelina, spring bear, spring turkey, spring bison​
I bought PointGuard+ during the deer draw last year so I should be good as well for the elk and antelope draw. Not having applied yet I was also wondering how the purchase would be reflected in the applicant’s portal to confirm that said applicant is still covered given the vague language. I was assuming the applicant would be precluded by the system to purchase another PointGuard point and had basically the same question as the op…

Horniac

I can’t remember how it worded it, but mine said something to affect of “not available” for purchase when I checked out for elk and antelope this year. Hoping that’s correct and means I have the plus still in effect?

I can’t remember how it worded it, but mine said something to affect of “not available” for purchase when I checked out for elk and antelope this year. Hoping that’s correct and means I have the plus still in effect?
Correct...mine showed same. If the system won't let you but it, you already have it.

Well, I remember it gave me an option to select and purchase it during the application process but I didn’t since I knew I had already purchased it back in Oct.

I just logged in now to see if it would allow me to purchase PG. It was allowing me to proceed. I canceled before getting to the checkout page.

“For $25, an applicant will have the opportunity to surrender a hunt permit-tag and have their bonus points reinstated for all eligible big game species for three consecutive draw cycles from the date of purchase.”

It’s not very clear as to what the three consecutive draw cycles are but my conservative interpretation is that it is the three that occur every year namely;
  • Pronghorn antelope, elk​
  • Deer, fall turkey, fall javelina, bighorn sheep, fall bison, sandhill crane​
  • Spring javelina, spring bear, spring turkey, spring bison​
I bought PointGuard+ during the deer draw last year so I should be good as well for the elk and antelope draw. Not having applied yet I was also wondering how the purchase would be reflected in the applicant’s portal to confirm that said applicant is still covered given the vague language. I was assuming the applicant would be precluded by the system to purchase another PointGuard point and had basically the same question as the op…

Horniac
Interesting I thought it was species specific.

"For example, an applicant who only applies once a year to hunt deer might choose PointGuard for $10 per species.
On the other hand, if an applicant applies for multiple species in any of the fall, spring, or pronghorn and elk draws — or all three — being covered for three consecutive draw cycles from the date of purchase for $25 makes PointGuard Plus a tremendous value."

I as well purchased it last year (2022) during the sheep/deer application process and then it was used during bison/javelina of 2022 then elk/antelope app of 2023, I didn’t have the option but to verify it was on there I went into my portal after a couple days of application of the elk/antelope and looked up the app for both species off to the right which shows what unit I applied for as well as point guard plus being purchased. Maybe go look at your apps and see if it shows it for you.

I as well purchased it last year (2022) during the sheep/deer application process and then it was used during bison/javelina of 2022 then elk/antelope app of 2023, I didn’t have the option but to verify it was on there I went into my portal after a couple days of application of the elk/antelope and looked up the app for both species off to the right which shows what unit I applied for as well as point guard plus being purchased. Maybe go look at your apps and see if it shows it for you.
Thanks. But something is messed up. Pics of my current app(Pronghorn shows same), last years app showing I purchased it and screenshot of charge.
D6E8196F-82FB-478D-ACE5-07F47657EF00.jpeg
E0C50EDD-8F99-4EFC-B4A5-DB856375E604.jpeg
8D086D77-0B11-4D44-A376-617509C8E62B.jpeg

They had my account messed up as well. I was putting in yesterday and had the option to purchase point guard or point guard plus, even though I had purchased the plus option last year when applying for sheep/deer. I gave them a call yesterday. They admitted that it was an error on their side and I shouldn't be able to purchase either since my point guard plus was still active. Their IT department fixed the problem and gave me a call last night to let me know it was corrected. (Lady even gave me her direct number to call if I still had problems - she said that would get me in right away and she would already be familiar with the issue. I thought that was pretty good customer service.)

I also asked them what "all eligible big game species for three consecutive draw cycles from the date of purchase" actually meant. Per her explanation it basically means it is good for "one year" as it would included Deer/Sheep as one draw cycle, Elk/Antelope as one draw cycle and Bison/Pig/Bear/Turkey as one draw cycle. Even if you don't apply for one of those cycles it still counts - for example I don't apply for Bison/Pig/Bear/Turkey but it still considers that draw as one of my three draw cycles. So I will have to renew it again this fall when I apply for Deer/Sheep. Hopefully that clears it up a little.

Just an update. Called a couple of times and still not fixed. They sent it to the IT department and said they’d call once it’s fixed. Been a week. Looks like I’ll end having to “donate” more money and purchase PG again if it’s not fixed by the CC update deadline.

...Their IT department fixed the problem....

I also asked them what "all eligible big game species for three consecutive draw cycles from the date of purchase" actually meant. Per her explanation it basically means it is good for "one year" as it would included Deer/Sheep as one draw cycle, Elk/Antelope as one draw cycle and Bison/Pig/Bear/Turkey as one draw cycle. Even if you don't apply for one of those cycles it still counts - for example I don't apply for Bison/Pig/Bear/Turkey but it still considers that draw as one of my three draw cycles. So I will have to renew it again this fall when I apply for Deer/Sheep. Hopefully that clears it up a little.
First item, unfortunately, that's the punchline of a bad AZ Draw joke!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Second item, thanks for clarifying what "3 consecutive draw cycles" means. (y)(y)

I confirmed my CC info was correct, but somehow still don't have a good feeling.

Good luck to everyone donating to AZGFD!

Just an update. My PG Plus has been fixed.

Now just need that elk tag!
Mine too and I didn’t even ask them ?.

My son’s is still not right though. Had to select either antelope or elk for my son when I purchased the PG+ for $25 which is supposed to cover all species which didn’t make any sense. Knowing antelope should be covered I went ahead and selected elk.

I just logged in to his account and it shows PG+ purchased for elk with a brown hyperlink
to buy PG for antelope so their coding is still screwed up…

Horniac

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom