points and the draw.

NECALI

The nonresident regulations say points are only applied to an aplicants first choice.So do your points still count and give you a better chance for your second or third choices. I read on here a couple of years ago that people were mad because hunters were putting in for premium hunts,not getting drawn, then their points counted for their second or third choices such as region g or h and if they were drawn they didn't burn their points. Whats the deal with points? Do they count for all choices or just the first choice?

I was curious about that a couple years ago after they started selling points. The conclusion I came to is that points don't help on a second or third choice for a "premium hunt", because all those licenses will be gone in the first pass to the applicants who put in for those areas as a first choice. So, a premium hunt for a second or third choice is a wasted choice. I apply for an average hunt as a second choice or wait for the leftovers.
-- Bob

I believe that initially they had a glitch in their system. About 5-600 people got the General elk tag as a second choice while some with no PPs but General as first choice didn't draw. They fixed that cause that's how I've applied the last two years and I wasn't so lucky.

I've talked to 3 different people at WY Game & Fish and all of them have told me that PP's are only taken into consideration for your 1st choice. They have absolutely no bearing on the 2nd and 3rd choices.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom