redrider88

Could anyone tell me if they use your points on second or third choice or are in the same hat as other with less points. starting to plan for next year, I have two points. I'm wanting to hunt deer unit 34, and keep my points.

Points are only used if you draw your first choice. Anything after that say you draw your second choice, you keep your points...

Right, I guess my question is on your second choice will they take my two points into consideration, will I have better odds than some one with no points.

Nope. Your points are only considered in your first choice draw. Second choice drawings are all random ( no points considered ). Chip

I have to disagree chip. The system runs through all first choice apps first. If there are leftover tags they run through second choice apps ranked in order of preference points but do not take your points since its a second choice.

You are correct in that they go through all of the first choice aps first. However, after that its completely random. Preference points are not considered in any draw after the first choice. Second choice apps ARE NOT ranked in order of pref. points. Chip

Interesting. So is chipc correct or is Cahunter805? I think it should be Cahunter805's way, but I have no idea. Cahunter805, are you sure you're correct?

One more time - the prefference points are for your first choice ONLY. second and third choice draws are completely random. Rather than debate on here I suggest you call 307-777-4600. Thats the Wyo G&F information line. They'll tell you the same thing. Chip

LAST EDITED ON Jul-13-10 AT 08:16AM (MST)[p]keep tryin', you will. Thats the beauty of a pref. points system. GOOD LUCK. Chip

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom