Poll for my high school ecology project

How many times have you encountered a bear carcass that died naturally?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

badger23

Hello hunters of Idaho! I'm working on a project for my ecology class, and this survey will help me to support a hypothesis. In order to keep the results accurate, I cannot say what it is.

Came across 2 in my life. Both rather fresh, real smelly, with a bigger boar nearby. Pretty sure the boar did the smaller bears in.

Some of them are "naturally" killed. Like if they come into your camp and you can't scare them off.

Just kidding.

It seems to me, that for the survey to show much validity it should also ask how many years the respondent has been been wandering the bear country? A zero for me means much more than a zero from one of my grandkids...if you understand what I'm getting at.

If you're meaning the bear just fell over dead, then I haven't ever seen that. lol I've killed two bears myself and I consider myself part of nature.
I found a four bear paws that had been cut off and placed in a salt sack. I'm pretty sure a sheep herder killed the bear and was taking it back to camp and the sack wasn't tied very good to his horse and he lost it.
I packed it out and gave it to the warden. I don't know if jefe got a talkin to or not.

Found a skeleton old bear that might of died of old age curled up under some willows in a draw. Molars were worn flat and canines were small and blunt. Just today found my first lion skull on the side of the mountain never did find the rest but still have to clean it has whiskers and fur still on it. No bigfoot skulls yet.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom